Competition winner!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So I entered a competition with a local travel firm for a 3 night 2 round holiday in Portugal.

Got an email through today saying that I won!! Playing the Morgado and Alamos courses. Anyone ever played them?

Has anyone been to the Algarve to play golf in March?

Still can't believe it!

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
So I entered a competition with a local travel firm for a 3 night 2 round holiday in Portugal.

Got an email through today saying that I won!! Playing the Morgado and Alamos courses. Anyone ever played them?

Has anyone been to the Algarve to play golf in March?

Still can't believe it!

I've played both courses this February. Morgado is a really long course, it was this years Portugal Open venue, so it is a championship course. It was in brilliant condition when I was there. Alamos is right next to it, a bit shorter and tighter, with a few more slopes and hills. Personally I preferred it over the Morgado course, but that could just be because I find it easier to hit it straight than to hit it long.
We were very unfortunate with the weather. Pretty much the only time I got really really wet on the golf course this year, it just kept raining for the complete four days I was there. Everyone assured me it was very unusual, though, and normally the weather is already quite pleasant at that time of the year with temperatures around 15-20 °C.

Congratulations on your win, btw. Awesome prize.

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i was there last november. are you staying at morgado ?, if you are it's low rise blocks of very nice apartments built alongside the course, it's a bit in the middle of nowhere so unless you have an all-inclusive package you would need a car to get into town for restaurants/nightlife etc.

courses were nice, not on a par with the big names in the area but interesting enough and a challenge particularly if the wind is blowing, think i preferred alamos to morgado

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have read bad luck stories with weather on dozens of occasions. I think I'm blessed. I golf there every year in February and could count the rainy days on one hand - long may it continue

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks all! it has to be used by 31st March which is why I am going to use it in March, hopefully will be the best of the weather.

Staying in a hotel which is about 20 mins away by car, luckily car hire is included!

Hopefully the weather is good but it can't be worse than NI!!

May try and work it to fit in another round somewhere depending on flight times. Anyone recommend anywhere?