Competition Handicap Certificates will be required......

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just entering some Open competitions and the entry form states "Competition Handicap Certificates will be required on the Day".
The entry form also requests my CDH No. which I thought was to alleviate the requirement of a hard copy handicap certificate.
This is not the first time I have come across this, and I have never been asked for a paper copy, so is it just laziness on the clubs part to include this on the entry form, or is there a genuine reason for its inclusion?

D

Deleted member 17920

Nope it’s not the club laziness

it just means your handicap should have a c on it still on the day of the competition.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Since the introduction of CDH numbers I don't think anywhere has asked to see my hardcopy certificate.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember at one Open and asked if I needed a handicap certificate.

‘Only if you win’ was the response. But I imagine their plan was, that if a non member won it they would then verify handicaps via HDiD.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just entering some Open competitions and the entry form states "Competition Handicap Certificates will be required on the Day".
The entry form also requests my CDH No. which I thought was to alleviate the requirement of a hard copy handicap certificate.
This is not the first time I have come across this, and I have never been asked for a paper copy, so is it just laziness on the clubs part to include this on the entry form, or is there a genuine reason for its inclusion?
In my experience it's a combination -

Many obviously use last years forms (which were the previous years etc etc) ...

Some have been caught out accessing the CDH database around events and prefer to put the onus back on the player to bring a copy just in case.

Note, some use the CDH Number to return your results after the event is closed rather than to check anything at the time - others use the existence of the CDH Number as a check that anyone entering really understands they need a current handicap.

Things have been getting smoother and smoother around the use of the database and opens (although there have been issues v recently) and I'm sure it will become even easier still.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the ones I've played in cdh numbers haven't been required unless you are winning something. Certificates have never been asked for. At my place it is the same, numbers are not checked until after the comp is closed with only the key players checked. All done via computer, not by certificates.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i had this at Dornoch for the Frazer, entry form with CDH to check you were low enough to get in at entry and the cert for the people checking in on the day as they didn't have a computer (office closed) my mate forgot his and they were not going to let him play, luckily we have a handicap cert page on our home club website, so got that up on his phone to show them.