Competition Closed

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Is the competition closed once the results are published? And once it's closed does the result stand even though a mistake has been made?

I played in a better ball Medal this weekend and came in with a net 65. After entering onto the computer that gave us a net 64 I checked and double checked and could only make it a 65. Last week I had a little cut of 0.9 and I'm starting to think that it's not been updated in the software and that's where the extra shots come from.

I have reported it this morning and it's being looked in to, but the results have been published and thats why I asked if the result stands or not.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
What handicap did you put on your card?

I put my correct handicap on the card 13.

I was 14.2 last week then had a reduction of 0.9 down to 13.3 and put 13 on the card.

We were playing off 3/4 so 3/4 of 13 is 10. But 3/4 of 14 is 11 and I think this is where the shots come from, our first is SI 11 and I got a par on that hole.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I put my correct handicap on the card 13.

I was 14.2 last week then had a reduction of 0.9 down to 13.3 and put 13 on the card.

We were playing off 3/4 so 3/4 of 13 is 10. But 3/4 of 14 is 11 and I think this is where the shots come from, our first is SI 11 and I got a par on that hole.

Was your score in the mix? if so surely it would of been manually checked by comps committee?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you put down the wrong (higher) handicap and are DQ'd. Handicap reductions take immediate effect and should be applied by the player even if not yet ratified by the Committee.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to back up my theory of the computer not updating, I have had a look at next weeks competition start sheet and it's still showing me as 14

Can you please clarify?
1) I was 14.2 last week then had a reduction of 0.9 down to 13.3
2) The comp you just played was a 4BBB scored as a medal.

The CONGU regulations state:
17.2 The following returns are not acceptable as Qualifying Scores:
(a) Scores returned in any better ball four-ball competition.

So you would not have any adjustment as a result of that comp.

Without seeing the details of your card can't explain your net 65/64.

Have you checked that your 13.3 was/is your handicap in the system prior to playing the 4BBB?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems to me you have done all you can and all that is required of you as a player / competitor , cards that are in the prizes should be manually checked so it lies at the committee

Might be a daft question , Are you sure the .9 cut the week before was correct ..

As for your question , i always thought it was once the comp closed BUT we have new comp sec & assistant sec , the assistant has posted results wrong twice , saw my .4 cut changed to a .2 and my buffer going to a .1 back , both results were posted on Golfnet & HDiD bit removed and corrected ..

Last edited: