Cobra one length

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone use these? Or even tried them? I'm struggling with very inconsistent iron play and think these could solve the issue. I can totally see the thinking behind them but can also see why people would not like them.

Just looking opinions really.

Thanks

Ridgeman

Visit site
I think if it was a good idea when all the manufactures would be bringing them out and more than just Bryson would be doing it on the tour. They will be anything which will give them the edge.

OntheteeGavin

Visit site
I've used the F9 one length for just over a year. Inconsistentcy and also not thinking about ball positioning for each club was my reasoning.

SW & PW was weird to begin with, but would not go back.

I went to my club pro to try them on the range, he only had the 7 iron! Purchased second hand from Golfbidder, I had 7 days return on them. Recommend Golfbidder too.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve been playing Cobra speedzone for a few months and love them.
You need to get your head around them and get yourself used to always setting up the same, then get you consistent. As for the wedges being longer your full shots are natural. Pitching is just shorter swings and chipping is fine as many people chip with a 7 iron anyway without problems so no different with all your clubs.

Tinkerman

Visit site
Like you I struggled with consistency with my irons so got a set of F8's in October 2019. Initially felt strange but after 3 months found it quite natural and I won't go back.

Was previously using i200's. Loved the forgiveness of the F8's and they were longer, however I did find the distances weren't always consistent being a GI set.

Switch to Forged Tec Black in June and they are much more consistent and go the same distances as I was getting with the i200's. I initially kept my gap and SW variable length (VL) but have recently gone one length (OL) on those as well (bought extensions and regripped them) as I was starting to thin those every now and again as I've got so used to the OL setup through the rest of the irons.

I've only got OL up to 5i though as I struggled with the OL 4i and I use standard VL 4h, 5w, 3w for longer shots.
Oh, I'm a 12 HC in old money (10.6 HI now).
Hope that helps.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I tried some for a couple of weeks and liked them but as someone who changes clubs more often than others I was worried about switching back to variable length clubs and decided not to buy them. A regular playing friend of mine has switched to them recently, loves them and is definitely more consistent with them, he has the full set including a 4 hybrid which is mighty small to me but has gone pretty well when I've had a go or two with it

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it really depends on whose using them - I've heard a lot of people raving on about them, I love hitting a 7 irons so I went to a cobra fitting day and tried a set - hated it during the fitting the higher 8-GW went orbital and the lower 5-3 were so flat. The worst club for me was the one length hybrid - felt like I was hitting my sons hybrid! The fitter bless him, said they aren't for everyone and you are better with variable lengths. I wouldn't say the clubs are bad, just they are a bad fit for me.

Go try them see what comes out for you.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I never had a problem with ball flight when I've hit these one length clubs but then I have a fairly low flight with standard clubs. Still struggle to get consistency with the PW especially when I hit chips