CO2e Calculation

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
OK, this is a bit of an odd one but I'm throwing it out there in case someone can help. I'm trying to find out the CO2e figure for a particular piece of equipment.
The piece of equipment uses 6.4kwh of energy and I'm trying to equate this into tonnes of CO2 per annum.
Daft as it may sound, I don't know how much energy a 6.4kwh appliance would consume in a year. The appliance would be running 24/7.
If anyone out there knows how to calculate this, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rather depends on how the energy to power the kit is produced (I assume its electric kit, but the electricty could be generated from coal, gas, wind, hydro etc)

The figures I've seen, for home use, is that 1KWH electricty has a footprint of about 0.25kg CO2 .

So a rough sum for your kit is 6.4 x 24 x 365 x 0.25 = 14,016kg = 14 tonnes (or thereabouts). Although I dare say there are loads of variants to the basic assumptions

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Rather depends on how the energy to power the kit is produced (I assume its electric kit, but the electricty could be generated from coal, gas, wind, hydro etc)

The figures I've seen, for home use, is that 1KWH electricty has a footprint of about 0.25kg CO2 .

So a rough sum for your kit is 6.4 x 24 x 365 x 0.25 = 14,016kg = 14 tonnes (or thereabouts). Although I dare say there are loads of variants to the basic assumptions
That's what I thought too but I wanted to check I was getting my calcs right on this. That's an awful lot of CO2 being generated.