Clubs that are too long

G1z1

Visit site
I was looking thro my emails this morning to see when I ordered the mizuno irons and it was 10 weeks ago was quoted 8 weeks so guessing they should be in very soon. I noticed on the specs I’ve said 1 inch longer when it should of said 1/2 inch longer. Should I messaged them and said about the mistake is 1/2 longer going to do anything?

i*windows

Visit site
it will effect lie angle, if you add 1" to a club the lie angle will be approx 2* more upright. I would contact Mizuno and get it corrected, if you pay a lot of money for your clubs you want them to be right!

D

Deleted member 29109

I was looking thro my emails this morning to see when I ordered the mizuno irons and it was 10 weeks ago was quoted 8 weeks so guessing they should be in very soon. I noticed on the specs I’ve said 1 inch longer when it should of said 1/2 inch longer. Should I messaged them and said about the mistake is 1/2 longer going to do anything?

Call them and get the made correctly.

D

Deleted member 23270

If it’s not going to make a difference there’s no point right ? Don’t want them getting pushed back if there’s no need
You've posted on here before that you aren't worried about your handicap or playing in competitions so yeah I would go with it rather than delay the order even further.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Yes. Mizuno weight sort their iron heads into 3 brackets. The lightest ones are used for over length clubs to keep the swing weight within tolerance. That half inch may make a difference to what weight head is used, and consequently the swing weight.

Contact them, you’re paying a decent bit of wedge for them, get them done right.

D

Deleted member 29109

If it’s not going to make a difference there’s no point right ? Don’t want them getting pushed back if there’s no need

Do you know it will push the order back? If they haven’t started them it won’t make a difference.

If it’s going to cause a delay. Accept them as they come.

I’d want the clubs at the correct length.

G1z1

Visit site
Went in this morning the pro who’s ordered them wasn’t in but the assistant is going to phone him and see if he can get them shortened. The assistant said it probably would make a difference so hopefully they aren’t in transit and they can get fixed and it doesn’t add too much time onto delivery

Kennysarmy

Visit site

My 223's were ordered 8 weeks ago tomorrow, I've been told the shafts are still an issue and I'm not expecting them much before June :(
Hope you're not waiting for the same shaft!

G1z1

Visit site
My 223's were ordered 8 weeks ago tomorrow, I've been told the shafts are still an issue and I'm not expecting them much before June :(
Hope you're not waiting for the same shaft!
What shafts you waiting on ? I can’t remember the exact ones I’m getting but there project x stiff shafts of some sort

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I’d call them and have it done as ordered.

If 1/2” doesn’t make a difference, why order them 1/2” longer in the first place?

This would be my thinking to be honest, if it makes no difference, what’s the point in the first place….
I’m no expert though!!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This would be my thinking to be honest, if it makes no difference, what’s the point in the first place….
I’m no expert though!!

Me also, but knowing myself as I do, if I didn’t get what I ordered I would always be thinking “what if”.

New golf clubs are not cheap, and as much as it sucks to wait I would rather wait a little longer and have what I ordered.

G1z1

Visit site
I had asked the pro I get lessons with about the club length yesterday he was saying like most if I can get it changed do it but an extra 1/2 inch won’t matter. He said an average golfer wouldn’t notice as there swing is not consistent enough for a small change like that he was saying you would need to be at tigers woods level to notice a change like that so I’ll never notice it lol he did say if it was too late and I did notice it he would take the 1/2 inch off himself and fix them for me but not to worry about it.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I had asked the pro I get lessons with about the club length yesterday he was saying like most if I can get it changed do it but an extra 1/2 inch won’t matter. He said an average golfer wouldn’t notice as there swing is not consistent enough for a small change like that he was saying you would need to be at tigers woods level to notice a change like that so I’ll never notice it lol he did say if it was too late and I did notice it he would take the 1/2 inch off himself and fix them for me but not to worry about it.

Is there a difference between "telling" and the clubs not being the correct "fit"