Club V1 Software

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Does anybody have any information at all on the associated costs of the above system for a golf course?

I appreciate there are probably a lot of variables and depends on membership numbers etc however any ballpark figures are handy to know.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anybody have any information at all on the associated costs of the above system for a golf course?

I appreciate there are probably a lot of variables and depends on membership numbers etc however any ballpark figures are handy to know.
We use the basic V1 with membership info. Not sure what our costs are at present but if anyone from the head shed are in tomorrow I'll see if I can get a price.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Not a massive financial commitment then in the scheme of things.

A club I'm at (struggling financially) has not paid the direct debit for the subscription costs. Not sure why the pro told me this but advised that was why competition results etc were delayed.

I won't speculate too much as I don't know the background processes they are going through whether it be weighing up alternatives etc but seems odd that you'd let it lapse and not get on the case to renew immediately.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a massive financial commitment then in the scheme of things.

A club I'm at (struggling financially) has not paid the direct debit for the subscription costs. Not sure why the pro told me this but advised that was why competition results etc were delayed.

I won't speculate too much as I don't know the background processes they are going through whether it be weighing up alternatives etc but seems odd that you'd let it lapse and not get on the case to renew immediately.

Our club is always late on paying out but I just mention that to be affiliated it is there responsibility to maintain a handicap system, be it manually or using one of the recognized software providers.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
HandicapMaster is the best value for money. Cheaper that the two big boys with far superior support.
They are often willing to build in tweeks or features that customers have just enquired about. They also have two good forums. Tech/software and general handicapping.
Their equivalent of HDID is MasterScoreboard.

My club doesn't use it but now wish they had switched a couple of years ago.

Edit. Just spoken to my club. ClubV1 is now infinitely better. Service is v good. Online chat, direct access to the CDH, booking, POS bar etc ....
Entry level is about £600. We have Premium (all the bells & whistles) for £1300. Management level sits in between.

Last edited:

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
A course I was at last year was on master scoreboard and it seemed to do the job well enough!

It doesn't cost the earth then so I can't understand what the delay is.

Their subscription lapsed on Friday 9th August and still nothing is yet in place almost a week on. Makes me wonder if there in the process of switching or just being tight.

Still no results or handicap list from the weekends competition which is frustrating me as I just want to know what CSS was.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Ours crashed completely on Saturday for a few hours, its a good job I had a pen and paper on me ;)

Unfortunately I think the pro is on his last wick so is refusing to do this as he has told them on numerous occasions to get the subscription paid before it lapsed.

A mower broke down and despite the green keeps arranging the rental of one to get the rough cut, this was refused so the rough length is currently obscene.

I think there's more going on in the background than just this, probably shut soon.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately I think the pro is on his last wick so is refusing to do this as he has told them on numerous occasions to get the subscription paid before it lapsed.

A mower broke down and despite the green keeps arranging the rental of one to get the rough cut, this was refused so the rough length is currently obscene.

I think there's more going on in the background than just this, probably shut soon.

Its sad when a club is in its death throes, the signs become more and more obvious, is it a members club ?