Club Face Position

Visit site
Hey all, got quite a complicated question.

Basically at the top of my swing my club face is closed (club pointing to the sky). This means I usually hit a very high shot. How do I correct this? My wrist is in a good position (straight) but the clubface is still closed. Anyone have any drills to correc this? Thanks.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Cameron.

The wrist doesn't look straight to me. If the back of your hand followed the line of your arm, the club face would be at around the same angle as your arm.

P.S. Listen to Bob over me. :)

Visit site
Hey, thanks for the warm welcome.

In that picture of Dustin Johnson I understand his wrist is very over-flexed. However when I freeze my swing at the top my wrist is straight but my club face is closed liked his.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Yea. Basically this is my issue. But i seem to have this issue with a straight wrist position. View attachment 1773

If your wrist is flat and the c/face is closed, your grip must be too strong and if your divots are left that would suggest you may be coming in to the ball a little out to in but holding off the clubface. This would cause the high weak shot.

Visit site
I think my grip is A-Okay but I think you're spot on with the out to in swing. Think I pull my shoulders across rather than turning my hips through. Do you have any drills or ideas on how to sort this?