Club Cleaning

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Finished them off today. When I come to part-ex them I might redo them but get the deeper scratches out before buffing them.

Before
03D2F17B-CB13-4A51-9CDD-A0981C1843C1-1763-000000B111661BB1.jpg

After
04B89EEF-7783-45BB-86B8-892CD748FE60-1763-000000B10C443CE9.jpg

Should increase clubhead speed now they are so shiny and slick through the air. hahaha:whistle:

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
6" bench grinder and metal buffing kits, takes about 10 mins per club start to finish..

Just need to be careful round the ferrules as they easily scratch and can melt due to speed and friction.

I found it quite therapeutic and am pretty pleased with results, not sure if it will get me much more for the part ex though? Does anyone know if they will go for more in pristine condition?

Last edited:

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Depends on what the club is and how old etc. You might not get much extra,£20-£50 perhaps, but a pristine set will sell much quicker and will be easier to trade in, as the shop will be able to sell quicker than a battered old set.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
Depends on what the club is and how old etc. You might not get much extra,£20-£50 perhaps, but a pristine set will sell much quicker and will be easier to trade in, as the shop will be able to sell quicker than a battered old set.

That's good news then, every penny counts, and time is money an all that. How much do you get part ex compared to what they sell them on for?

V

vkurup

I must admit, I dont clean mine between rounds... My cleaning is restricted to 'Choose a club, pull it out of the bag, if dirty- then a quick brush and towel -else hit go thru shot, after the shot, if too dirty then clean with towel else chuck into bag'.

I would love to have a clean set of clubs, but I am too lazy/non-commited to do it. I sometimes play a guy in my monthly comp who has a very impressive set of shiny Titelist. If only his swing was as clean as his clubs, he would go places.

V

vkurup

When you played at Gainsborough you had nice clean clubs, but saying that it was wet enough to just wipe them spotless after every shot.

Rain and water hazards are my best kept secret cleaning agents... At Gainsborough, my clubs were spotless as they hardly contacted the ball...