Close House discount green fees anywhere?

i*windows

Visit site
I used to play at Close House years ago before the new course arrived and it was around £12. I will be back in the UK for Easter and fancied playing, but the green fees are ridiculous. £ 200 for the new course and £ 100 for the old course. Does anyone know if there are any discounts available? If not I'll just play Hexham or Slaley.

i*windows

Visit site
I know most of the courses in the area, just fancied playing an old stomping ground, but you really must be crazy to pay the money they are asking.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know most of the courses in the area, just fancied playing an old stomping ground, but you really must be crazy to pay the money they are asking.
The prices have jumped violently this year. I've played the Filly on multiple occasions, never played more than £25. There has always been a deal at some point.

£100 and £200 is simply to put people off from playing and if they want to then make them play dearly for the privilege. It must be a deliberate decision to reduce the numbers on the course, either to benefit members or leave more space for corporate golfers. Shame, but there you go.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The stay and play deals are your best bet.

1 night dinner, bed and breakfast and a round on each course is £135 in winter (Nov-March) and £225 in summer (April-October) midweek, £165/£265 weekends).