Cleveland 588 wedges

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was thinking of giving these a go, anyone have any experience of them?
Was looking to get the black nickel version in 56/58, still cant decide.
cheers

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a 52 and really like it, I will change the 56 and 60 too once I see the right deal. I would recommend tem.

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah I have both, the head shape in slightly different as is the grind on the sole, but really they are the same club.

I just prefer it as its forged its a little softer for feel around the greens, full shots I cant tell the difference if Im honest. I also like with Clevelands that they often get discounted so you pick them up cheaply, that dint seem to happen with the Mizzy or Vokey wedges !!!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yeah I have both, the head shape in slightly different as is the grind on the sole, but really they are the same club.

I just prefer it as its forged its a little softer for feel around the greens, full shots I cant tell the difference if Im honest. I also like with Clevelands that they often get discounted so you pick them up cheaply, that dint seem to happen with the Mizzy or Vokey wedges !!!

So different head shape; different grind and forged vs cast.

Doesn't sound like the same club at all!:confused:

The old 588, which I loved, was the last Cleveland wedge I liked. Haven't used the new version, but have heard only good reports.

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So different head shape; different grind and forged vs cast.

Doesn't sound like the same club at all!:confused:

The old 588, which I loved, was the last Cleveland wedge I liked. Haven't used the new version, but have heard only good reports.

I did use the word slightly, which you chose not to use to make your point, well done :ears:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
had a hit with our pros last week and theyre very nice, felt to me like they were a fair bit heavier than the cg14s i had previously (which i found too light!), would def consider these alongside the vokeys if looking to change my wedges