Chest, truly puffed out last Sunday.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hit a cracking drive up the middle of the fairway, a real blooter, right off the screws. I watched it seem to gather pace even up the hill to within 5 yards of the longest drive marker, which had seen in excess of 100 golfers take aim at all day, red of face, every last sinew of muscle extended to try and show a hulk-like strength allied to milli-second timing and with perfect technique.

Sadly finished them agonising few yards behind, but hey ho, hope Pam enjoyed her prize, after jumping above Dorothy and Kath in the length stakes. :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done.

Not getting the longest drive prize has frustrated me on a few occasions.

The most notable being playing a links golf course and missing out by less than a yard because my ball had been stopped by the only tuft of long grass that could be seen anywhere in the vicinity.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When i have had me pit society days I have always Shyied away from longest drives. Out of 60-70 lads. It is usually only a comp that half a dozen lads can win. For that reason I have always had a middle of the fairway comp. the first time I had a longest drive was on a hole where if you really smashed it, it was dead in a dyke. If memory serves me right the winner hit a 3 wood 10 ft short of a pond which was past the dyke. Lads who saw the drive said it was a thing of beauty.
Second time was our SI 1 580 yds. Oh the big dogs were talking themselves up. There were some monster drives but only 5 or six were in with a chance. Same lad won it.
This year longest drive was on our par 5 18th, off the women's tees. In essence it was all to score ( fourball). The longest drive was a monster. Off the whites you can drive over a massive dip and onto a rise. Off the Reds a big hitter can hit the top of the rise and its downhill to the green. Lad who won it previous two years lost his ball and hit his provisional 15 yds past the winner. It's nice to see the big dogs bigging themselves up.

Well smashed LB me duck.

D

Deleted member 21258

Think I am missing something on this story ? Why was you in a ladies long drive comp:confused:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think I am missing something on this story ? Why was you in a ladies long drive comp:confused:

I wasnt in the comp, but out just behind it.

It was a lady presidents day as well as a male presidents day, so they had separate prizes for either sex on different holes, which I didnt realise until my mate picked up the marker in the fairway. (y)

Then, I was somewhat deflated.:)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I wasnt in the comp, but out just behind it.

It was a lady presidents day as well as a male presidents day, so they had separate prizes for either sex on different holes, which I didnt realise until my mate picked up the marker in the fairway. (y)

Then, I was somewhat deflated.:)

So you wasn't in a long drive comp and didn't win it and write whoosh. 🤔😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When we do a long drive we have a red marker for ladies and a white one for the lads.
It’s quite fun if you don’t get past the red one.
But recently we have a 2cap girl that knocks it past the white one ,and not by just a bit.