Cheap vs Expensive wedges...

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not really. I tried a lot of different wedges (vokeys, yonex, ping, cleveland) but in the end he ones that perform the best for me are Ping G5's !!! I wouldnt use the irons as i dont like too much offset but the wedges sit nice and work a treat, even better, I bought them on ebay for next to nothing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Horses for courses. I liked the MD Seve icon range which were a very good mid-price range. How cheap is cheap? There are some I wouldn't look at twice and yes that probably makes me some kind of brand snob and so be it. I know what I like and what works best for me. Some of the bigger brands like Cally X Jaws I just find too heavy so there are top end clubs that I won't use either

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Personal preference plays a big part. 2 guys I know for example: One guy playing off 3 has a cheap brand, takes no care of them, most beat up wedges I ever saw-he's tried newer/fancier wedges but always goes back. The other playing off 20 has new shiny ones with massive cavity. Both are pretty good chippers/short players.

I have 7 wedges sitting here now so I think I need to get rid of a few!

3PuttCharlie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought a set of custom fit Cleveland 588's. Struggled for consistency at first but after a couple of short game lessons I now love them and wouldn't change them