Chart Hills - new owners

D

Deleted member 17920

They're certainly trying to recoup some of their investment in the memberships fees!

Renewal membership: 7 day: £2,700, 5 day £2,100.
New members: £3,000 joining fee, 7 day £3,100 per year, 5 day £2,500.

:eek:
For the area that must be a good deal

Having watched the video I am seriously impressed at the investment into the golf course and facility.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They're certainly trying to recoup some of their investment in the memberships fees!

I would guess that sort of fee also gives reductions to others within the group?

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Where did you get that info from ??? Can't see anything on website.

If it's as good as I've heard and see on their videos, not as pricy as I feared. Joining fee a hit for newbies though.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Watched the latest video, right at the end it shows the state of the course before they closed it to do the work......wow! It was in a shocking condition, all bunkers shut and fairways completely eaten by leatherjackets.

I love the course and can't wait to go and see the work.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
For the area that must be a good deal

Having watched the video I am seriously impressed at the investment into the golf course and facility.

Quite dear for here, the 7 day cost of mine, and other "ordinary " member clubs, is around £1200 with no joining fees. It has undergone a massive rebuild but it's out in the country with no hotels nearby and a lot of the old club members being done on corporate deals so I'm not sure wher they will get new members from at that price. I will look forward to playing there though as I did so a number of times before it changed hands recently, it was a course I always liked but sadly way out of my league now.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Quite dear for here, the 7 day cost of mine, and other "ordinary " member clubs, is around £1200 with no joining fees. It has undergone a massive rebuild but it's out in the country with no hotels nearby and a lot of the old club members being done on corporate deals so I'm not sure wher they will get new members from at that price. I will look forward to playing there though as I did so a number of times before it changed hands recently, it was a course I always liked but sadly way out of my league now.

Come on Chris your golfs not that bad!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
With the amount of time, money and expertise involved, I wish it well.
I've played there quite a few times, once just after it first opened.
Super course with a fair mix of holes, some tough, some not so tough.
Always remember the greens were superb.
I'd love to go back for a round once it's up and running.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I meant "out of my league" cost wise Simon, especially when you factor in fuel, comp entry, drinks etc etc

You just have to "take the money" then when you play!

Lee Trevino quote when asked about pressure putting for $1000s in big tournaments replied... No, pressure is putting for $50, when you only have $20 in your pocket!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
You just have to "take the money" then when you play!

Lee Trevino quote when asked about pressure putting for $1000s in big tournaments replied... No, pressure is putting for $50, when you only have $20 in your pocket!

My point was that I, and my mate, were considering joining Chart Hills when it re opens but i cant justify all the extra costs against my current club membership cost despite how brilliant the reconstruction.

Also, I might have a serious eye issue which could lessen my ability to play, and so, a large joining fee which you'd normally spread over the life time of membership could be, in reality, a much reduced period.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Do they still have Faldo's marker on the first fairway showing where his drive landed when the course opened?

They did last time I played it but it remains to be seen if it survived the reconstruction. I'd put one on the 1st for laura Davies in a ladies tour event she hit a driver off the 1st (par 5) and then from a down slope hit a 3 iron on the green, some hitter was Laura ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
They did last time I played it but it remains to be seen if it survived the reconstruction. I'd put one on the 1st for laura Davies in a ladies tour event she hit a driver off the 1st (par 5) and then from a down slope hit a 3 iron on the green, some hitter was Laura ?

And what a swing in her prime! (shown here in 1987)

1591981646128-png.31167

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Do they still have Faldo's marker on the first fairway showing where his drive landed when the course opened?

He had started proceedings to remove his name from the course with the last owners, but is obviously backing the new owners as he sent a video at Christmas to the club saying how excited he was to come back and 're-open' it once the work was done. My guess based on that it will be re-installed. From memory the marker has the actual ball he hit in it...or is that tigers at The Grove ? ?? ?