Charles Howell III

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
The man touted as a potential rival to Tiger in the late 1990s is leading the FedEx Cup standings. After Woods turned pro, Howell was considered the best amateur in the USA and won the NCAA individual and team titles in 2000. After winning the 2001 Rookie of the Year Award his form has been patchy but two early runners-up positions this year have seen him thrusted back into the limelight.

Can he make the breakthrough and begin to win regularly? Woods has admitted himself that he has been surprised that Howell hasn't won more often. He's still only 27 and has time on his side. Can the man from Augusta make a splash at the Masters, and is he a good bet to make the 2008 Ryder Cup team?

At the very least, he man should be able to take up the top 'III' mantle from the fading Davis Love.....

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I went big on Howell for a Major a few years back when he was touted big style as Seve says...still bitter so not sure i want him to get some form!

Also he does wear the worst dodgy tight shirts!!!

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
he's got a lovely swing but he'll never win a major becuase he can't hit a half shot - its full swing or nothing. fine for the PGA Tour but not what's required in your locker for the Open or US Open

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Can't say I’ve been that impressed with him- great swing yes but so many of the recent college graduates have and we all know it takes much more than that-he doesn't seem to have much fight in him.