Champagne Scramble ?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing in one on Saturday .. format i think .. on par 4's you take the best drive & you all play your own ball out from there , best 2 scores to count (4 person team) .. on par 3's & 5 's.. you all play your own ball & best 2 scores .. anyone played this ? am i right on the format .. seemingly it helps prevent against stacked teams of 2 big hitters & 2 along for their high handicap ..

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
new one on me - and what's the handicap allowance? normal scramble is 10%....

reading your description again I can't see the 'scramble element' - more like an 'am-am par4 team greensome thingy'

Last edited:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Exactly mate never heard of it myself , was just asked to play in it.. sorry no more details , id say if we finishing our own ball it would be full handicap & score stableford points .. dont know tho..

new to me aswell , just wondering if anyone else had heard of it .. ah sure its a game of golf . could be fun

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not played it but it sounds pretty straight forward. Par 4's are played as scrambles and the 3's & 5's are just played outas better balls. Unless there's other rules you've not mentioned it still looks like the longer hitters will benefit on the scramble holes.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
sounds like there will be lots of confusion on the day!

on the day ?, im confused already:rolleyes: , ah im sure the guy that asked me will know the rules ... i hope

Not played it but it sounds pretty straight forward. Par 4's are played as scrambles and the 3's & 5's are just played outas better balls. Unless there's other rules you've not mentioned it still looks like the longer hitters will benefit on the scramble holes.

they are the only ones i know of anyhow man , thats why i was asking did anyone here know of it. totaly new one on me .. guess il find out saturday eh ? ha ha ,

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

The OP said that you play out your own ball on par 4's as well after all playing from best drive. Not that much of a scramble about it.