Cardiff - principality stadium

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I'm taking my 9 year old to the stadium on September 3rd for the WWE and need to find out what my best options are for getting to/from or where to stay etc without breaking the bank.

Does anyone have insight?

I'll be travelling from Hastings (east Sussex)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all

I'm taking my 9 year old to the stadium on September 3rd for the WWE and need to find out what my best options are for getting to/from or where to stay etc without breaking the bank.

Does anyone have insight?

I'll be travelling from Hastings (east Sussex)

Lol, I’ve just secured the tickets for my sons, started looking on Saturday for a hotel room, thought I would get in quick, too late though! Cheapest I could find was £360 per night!

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lol, I’ve just secured the tickets for my sons, started looking on Saturday for a hotel room, thought I would get in quick, too late though! Cheapest I could find was £360 per night!

That's what I've just found also.... So now do I look at park and ride or getting train back to London or station just outside or just drive home.... Stupid place to have the event ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
That's what I've just found also.... So now do I look at park and ride or getting train back to London or station just outside or just drive home.... Stupid place to have the event ?

I was going to wait to see if any of the cheaper hotels become available, hoping that some people who booked the rooms did not get tickets. Otherwise I might be "Reaching out" to an old mate who moved to Cwmbran:LOL:

babylonsinger

Visit site
Be aware that the National Express bus station/hub in Cardiff is out near Sophia Gardens (the cricket ground) - it isn't a long walk from the city centre but a good part of the walk is through the Castle grounds which aren't well lit

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Usk and Raglan don't have railway stations .. so you'd be driving to Cardiff.

Try Chepstow, just over old Bridge, and direct rail to Cardiff.
As I assume he would get to Gwent by car I assumed he would go by car to Newport. 15/20 minutes.
Pontypool would also be an option.