Cape Verde

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Evening fellow golfers,
Anyone been to Cape Verde as it’s on honeymoon list.
My only concern is bumping into some z list towie muppet.
Thanks,
Dando

Mandofred

Visit site
My wife's daughter and a friend went there 4-5 years ago. She liked it, but I think it's pretty quiet. She did complain about flies however.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was due to go in May this year, but its been moved to May next year. We were/are going to Boa Vista, Riu Toureg for the 6th time. Yes it has changed a little, but we do the adults only section as you get a nice quiet enviroment, it's own pool and bar and NO KIDS. We love it, just as long as you like quiet and little to do other than rest in the sun. The beaches are long and nice, but the surf is strong and many have come a cropper playing in the waves/surf. It's all inclusive, and very good value but it can get a little repetitve if youre doing 14 nights like we do.
The main bummer is the airport is small on Boa Vista, so it's short haul planes only and a 6hr flight. Im told Sal can take Dreamliners.
The weather is nice and warm when we go, with a steady breeze.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was due to go in May this year, but its been moved to May next year. We were/are going to Boa Vista, Riu Toureg for the 6th time. Yes it has changed a little, but we do the adults only section as you get a nice quiet enviroment, it's own pool and bar and NO KIDS. We love it, just as long as you like quiet and little to do other than rest in the sun. The beaches are long and nice, but the surf is strong and many have come a cropper playing in the waves/surf. It's all inclusive, and very good value but it can get a little repetitve if youre doing 14 nights like we do.
The main bummer is the airport is small on Boa Vista, so it's short haul planes only and a 6hr flight. Im told Sal can take Dreamliners.
The weather is nice and warm when we go, with a steady breeze.
Do they still have the champagne dance sessions twice a week around the adult pool? That, and the spirit dispensers in the room were great reasons to go adults only ?

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
We were supposed to go end of March. A little fly in the ointment was an illness nobody had even heard of when we booked it! Googled the hotel the Friday we were supposed to check in hotel in full lockdown with the only case of Covid19 on the island IN the hotel!

Still 'on the list' of places to go, but maybe not for a while yet...!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I went to Sal in 2016 - Gorgeous blue oceans and very hot weather. Hotel was good but i'd recommend a few tours otherwise you could get bored, I did horse riding, saw the turtles hatch, swam with turtles and lemon sharks - also went to see humpback whales.