Canterbury by pass

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wonder if anyone at the club has been informed :

The proposed route – which has been suggested for the last three years – would stretch from the A28 at Sturry, across to the A257 and then on to a new junction at the A2 at Bridge.
Taking in fields and woodland outside Fordwich, potentially through Canterbury Golf Club and on land between Bekesbourne and the eastern fringes of the city, the long route would be taken by drivers heading from Ashford to Thanet.
Cllr Fitter-Harding said: "Looking at the way Ghent in Belgium operates, you have to exit the centre if you want to get around the other side.
"An estimate for the cost of the eastern bypass would be about £100 million."
Analysts predict the two bypasses will decrease the number of vehicles on the ring-road by up to 900 in the morning rush hour.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wonder if anyone at the club has been informed :

The proposed route – which has been suggested for the last three years – would stretch from the A28 at Sturry, across to the A257 and then on to a new junction at the A2 at Bridge.
Taking in fields and woodland outside Fordwich, potentially through Canterbury Golf Club and on land between Bekesbourne and the eastern fringes of the city, the long route would be taken by drivers heading from Ashford to Thanet.
Cllr Fitter-Harding said: "Looking at the way Ghent in Belgium operates, you have to exit the centre if you want to get around the other side.
"An estimate for the cost of the eastern bypass would be about £100 million."
Analysts predict the two bypasses will decrease the number of vehicles on the ring-road by up to 900 in the morning rush hour.

Haven't heard this. What has Canterbury GC said about it? I don't know how many would use it, normally Ashford is for commutes to London not Thanet as it takes me less time to get to London than Thanet.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reading this I was reminded of a crafty farmer near to me many years ago

It was planned to widen the A303 to a dual carriageway.

He applied for and was granted permission to build a 9 hole golf course next to the single carriageway A303. He part built the greens near to the road and nothing else. Obviously Highways England had to pay him a lot more for the land than when it was just a farm field.