Can someone wrap a 9-iron round Harriet Harman's head?

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The rent-a-quote mouth of the Labour party jumps in to criticise Muirfield's membership policy and get herself in the news.

Irrespective of whether Muirfield is right or wrong, how come she has no problem with Labour having "All-wimmin" shortlists for nominations to stand in an election?

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
To right pal. Without doubt one of the worst MP's around. Her list of gaffs is endless. The kevlar vest and then the time she did a speech saying how good the education system was in state schools then just days later she pulls her 2 kids out and puts them into private school what a tool

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The rent-a-quote mouth of the Labour party jumps in to criticise Muirfield's membership policy and get herself in the news.

Irrespective of whether Muirfield is right or wrong, how come she has no problem with Labour having "All-wimmin" shortlists for nominations to stand in an election?

All wimmin shortlists are nothing to do with gender equality. They are only used by Labour when they want to make sure a certain woman gets the nomination.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
This place gets worse. Joking about violence against a woman for daring to have an opinion on gender equality. Not funny, whether you agree with her or not.

I think she's one of the better MPs BTW..... which, admittedly, isn't saying much!

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Eye yes, and I bet she was once a member of the WI. And has used ladies toilets, places that I am sire I do not need to point out are off limits for men! The hypocrite.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This place gets worse. Joking about violence against a woman for daring to have an opinion on gender equality. Not funny, whether you agree with her or not.

It's not the fact she has an opinion on gender equality it's the fact her opinion depends on what day of the week it is and only has that opinion when it suits her.

All male golf club - bad.
All female short list for an election - OK.

And I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that we should really wrap a 9 iron (or a 7 iron) around her neck but maybe she should be beaten with the "hypocrite stick" instead.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I think she's one of the better MPs BTW..... which, admittedly, isn't saying much!

Come On!! Get a sense of humour. Do you honestly think the post meant for someone to hit her about the head with a 9 iron?

Oh! and you are correct, it isn't saying much! For all her sanctimonious bleating do you think she knows what it is like to be hard up. She's a posh girl who has never done a real job.

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Was it not Harriet Harman who gave golf clubs their exemption status under the equality bill in the first place?

Strange she should now want to reverse that without saying how wrong she got it only a few years ago!

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site

You must remember that the politician as a breed is incapable of original thought, therefore the softest target or latest bandwagon are meat and drink to them. Look at Cameron last week expounding that Murray should be knighted, he was just riding the publicity.

Politics is an important job, but why oh why does it attract the lowest grade of individual whose only aim is self promotion and financial enhancement.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Politics is an important job, but why oh why does it attract the lowest grade of individual whose only aim is self promotion and financial enhancement.

If you are a politician then you have to do self promotion. It is one of the few jobs in which you are elected by the great British public. Who can be caring, erudite, intelligent, bigoted, racist, sexist and many more in between. And that's just this Forum, be dum tish.....

So as a large part of their working existence depends on them appealing to the public and being popular, then of course they will engage in self promotion. It's a bit naive not expecting them to.

I am not saying they are the best out there, but we, the great British public, have put them in that position. So we only have ourselves to blame. And show me someone who is not doing their job for financial enhancement? As mentioned in another thread, there are a lot of politicians out there doing a lot of hard work who in my opinion are underpaid compared to other jobs, so you do not join politics to become rich.

Last edited:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Be careful as there is a TV snoop on the boards at present looking for 'sensational golf related stories'.

You could find yourself on the news advocating violence against women politicians.
We would not like that would we.