Can somebody explain?

Liamefc1987

Visit site
I use a RBZ taylormade stage 2 driver. It can be adjusted to higher loft or lower. What should it be on? what type of shot do i get if its on high loft and same for lower? Sorry about the lack of education and i know these questions should of been asked in the shop.

D

Deleted member 15344

It should be on whatever gives you the results you want

There is no definitive setting

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I use a RBZ taylormade stage 2 driver. It can be adjusted to higher loft or lower. What should it be on? what type of shot do i get if its on high loft and same for lower? Sorry about the lack of education and i know these questions should of been asked in the shop.

For identical swings, a higher loft will launch higher - and probably carry (and roll in Summer) further.

Higher loft will also reduce the effect of any Slice - probably the normal trait of most ams - or Draw as the higher loft generally means more 'back-spin' compared to 'sidespin'. The spins are in quotes because 'sidespin' doesn't really exist - except as a vector. There's back-spin and spin axis - equivalent to, with same effect as, an aircraft's wings. Back-spin is good because that's what keeps the ball in the air - try hitting a bald range ball and see what happens to it! - but too much back-spin will cause too much lift and the ball will just stall and drop - ballooning.

The best way to find out what works best for you is to hit half a dozen balls at each setting and see which one works best for you. It's almost certainly better to be slightly shorter and straight than slightly longer and in the rough!

Hope that helps.