Can I get the 0.1 removed?

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Long story short. Threw a wobbler during a stroke comp resulting in an NR when I entered scores on the system. Only failed to finish out on one hole.

Went on to shoot an overall Stableford of 35 but checking my handicap online this evening I have received 0.1 back.

Overall this has no affect on my playing handicap but 0.1 is another one to get of later.

I thought that even during a stroke comp you should return your card and that if things were going belly up you could NR a hole yet enter the card for handicapping purposes which in this case should have had me in the buffer.

Even looking at the Congu manual appenidx P it would appear that my score should still stand for handicapping purposes.

Am I right? If so how should I resolve this.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you hit 35 points and entered your card correctly you shouldnt really have gotten .1 in my opinion, did you check your golfnet login to see what it says?

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think it matters in a medal bob, the comp nrs your card soon as you nr on a hole regardless of stableford points. Not sure if you can appeal it though

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't think it matters in a medal bob, the comp nrs your card soon as you nr on a hole regardless of stableford points. Not sure if you can appeal it though

It only NR's the comp but not for handicap.

We need more info from the OP to advise if he was harshly moved up.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
CSS 69 Par 70

Hole was the 7th, par 3.

Didn't really count my strokes at the end. Just worked out Stableford for my society comp and that was 35. 14 out 21 in.

Remember nearly every shot of the day but fuzzy about one hole. I know had I not lost the head I would have finished with a 5 at the 7th and 36 points in total so must have shot 85 across the remaining 17.

By my calcs the CSS would require 37 points. so I'm within the 3 shot buffer.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Am I right? If so how should I resolve this.

If the CSS was such that 35 points was buffer, then contact the away club an find out why the 0.1.

Point out the Congu Appendix.

Most such NRs don't end up with sufficient points, so they may simply not be used to the process/requirement. So when they see NR, they my have discarded card and let the computer generate the NR - and consequent 0.1.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the CSS was such that 35 points was buffer, then contact the away club an find out why the 0.1.

Point out the Congu Appendix.

Most such NRs don't end up with sufficient points, so they may simply not be used to the process/requirement. So when they see NR, they my have discarded card and let the computer generate the NR - and consequent 0.1.

I think the computer has dealt with the whole thing. The card is more than likely gone though as I can't see them having kept it. The system also had my handicap wrong (I corrected it on the card). I doubt I'll be able to obtain proof of my scoring bar word of mouth from my playing partners.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I think the computer has dealt with the whole thing. The card is more than likely gone though as I can't see them having kept it. The system also had my handicap wrong (I corrected it on the card). I doubt I'll be able to obtain proof of my scoring bar word of mouth from my playing partners.

The should/may even be required to keep the cards for sufficient period after the comp for just this sort of query!

Don't be put off!

Just make sure you phone the correct club! :whistle:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with asking, its not like you are trying to go up in handicap.

A low handicap does have to be earned as lowering it is the aim of many club golfers above anything else.

The worst thing that can happen is they say no, anyone in the bar should be commending you for your actions!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rarely does the computer get it wrong so make sure you've done your sums properly as I can't see where it is wrong.

85 strokes for 17 holes + net double bogey 6 for the blob hole = 91 strokes less 17 equal 74 against CSS 69 = difference of 5 which would mean an increase of 0.1?????

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Rarely does the computer get it wrong so make sure you've done your sums properly as I can't see where it is wrong.

85 strokes for 17 holes + net double bogey 6 for the blob hole = 91 strokes less 17 equal 74 against CSS 69 = difference of 5 which would mean an increase of 0.1?????

Where did you get 'less 17' from.:confused:

19.6 actual = 20 playing. So seems to be in buffer - even if it goes down the maximum of 1.