Camden Market,Tube,Bus,Car ?

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Eldest daughter has been working her socks off recently.Her end of term school report was very very good,she's done well in a couple of mock exams,has been working part time every saturday and sunday,and has spent most of her Christmas break revising.So i've decided to treat her with a shopping trip to Camden Market.
I will be travelling with my wife and youngest daughter also,and having checked train ticket prices,we've decided to drive down and park at Stanmore tube station,then buy a day pass and travel from Stanmore to Camden by tube.Problem is the journey will take nearly an hour,and thats after driving for the best part of 1.5-2 hours.According to info i've been given,we will have to change tube twice (different lines).
Having looked at the TFL website,we could have travelled from Edgware station which is on the same line as Camden,it is not much further from the M1,and the journey time would only be 19 minutes.Trouble with Edgware is theres no car park !!!!!!!
Can anybody shed any light on London travel,and what our best option would be.
Many thanks in advance if anybody can help.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unless it's changed since I lived in london, you could get off at Camden Tube between certain hours to get to the market but then had to walk down to mornington crescent to get the tube back as you couldn't use camden to board during market hours.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unless it's changed since I lived in london, you could get off at Camden Tube between certain hours to get to the market but then had to walk down to mornington crescent to get the tube back as you couldn't use camden to board during market hours.

Thanks Stevie.
A mate did mention that its incoming trains only during market opening times on sundays.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you tries Chiltern, departing from Warwick Parkway to Marylebone, and then a tube from there to Camden. The website offers family tickets although do not show a price. My parents have travelled by this route many times with no problem, only about 90 minutes away

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you tries Chiltern, departing from Warwick Parkway to Marylebone, and then a tube from there to Camden. The website offers family tickets although do not show a price. My parents have travelled by this route many times with no problem, only about 90 minutes away
We did enquire about train price's Rob,cheapest we were quoted was nearly £150 return for the 4 of us,then once there we still need to buy travel cards for the tube,which is another £30ish .I'm guessing if i drive the petrol costs will be about £25-£30, and then obviously the cost of the travel cards on top of that.
I keep seeing these silly prices advertised for train travel,but if your booking a week or so in advance they want the full price.