Calling all forum members

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
OK everyone,

This is your chance to feature in Golf Monthly.

As you know there is a spare place up for grabs at the next GM Challenge match and the general consensus seems to be to give the on Thursday 27th March to one of the forum members.

I'm more than happy to do so but in order to be fair and make sure I don't miss anyone out, if you want to play in this event (and get in the magazine) PM me privately so I can register your interest.

Not sure how I'll then allocate the spot but I'll cross that bridge once I know how many of you are interested.

I'm also happy to meet up either this weekend (not good weather but I'd be up for it), next Thursday (day before Good Friday) or the following Tuesday (25th) and sign you in as a members green fee (approx £30) so you can get a feel for the course.

I know a lot of you will be stymied geographically and not able to play but I'd be grateful of any help I can get in deciding who to pick. Many of you have said pick someone you will get on with but as I have never played with any of you guys and only know you via cyberspace that hasn't helped narrow the criteria down.

As this match is on behalf of you guys all help greatly appreciated

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Homer, get your pro in on the game, free lessons and it will give him a little bump into the limelight which might help him financially and otherwise. Support your local pro!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Brendy,

The general feeling amongst thos that voted and commented on my earlier post is that these days are designed for us ordinary golfers and forum members in particular. No-one seemed that keen on letting the pro play and I resepct that. Doesn't seem quite the right thing to do but I wholeheartedly agree about supporting your local pro

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sod general concensus, if I were in your shoes I'd be trying to make the occasion as enjoyable as possible, what would you rather see, a fourth man hack his way round or actually watch a man thats capable of hitting a great ball while learning something from him?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
TonyN

Its at Royal Ascot in Berkshire

Brendy
The whole idea of these challenges is to get forum members out and about and featured in the mag. Its GM's way of giving something back to forum members and readers. I play with my pro a number of time every year and it is enlightening but this day is about 4 guys taking on GM and having a laugh. The result is immaterial

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would love to but is a bit far for me and dont think i am consistent enough yet to play this kind of game.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I wish I was free, but I am in Florida so no can do. Hope you have a good time, and I think you are right to bring in another forum member. Maybe pick the dude with the most posts out of those who can make the date? At least the rest of us will see another face in the mag we are familiar with.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So much for having us vote Homer. I went for the guy's son, but you haven't good luck.

Whenever the match takes place remind those GM boys that they have to visit Ireland very soon.