Callaway X Hybrid? still a good club?

tedrodgers

Visit site
hi guys,

new to the forum but already loving the advice on here.

Just wondered what people thought about the Callaway X hybrid club.

The main reason I ask is im looking for a new hybrid and clubhousegolf have them on at 39.99 , with an rrp os 129.99.

At first glance that price seems amazing, but after a quick google search it turns out this club came out in 2007?

so my question is, even though its 5 years old and presumably the technology of hybrids have moved on since then, is it sitll a good buy?

Also a wider question, What are peoples opinion on older clubs in general? are 2011 onwards clubs worth the extra £££ for newer better technology, or for a novice golfer like myself, does it make very little difference?

I'm a beginner, only play a few times a month, havent got endless cash. But I'd rather spend more on something worth while than just grab the first "bargain" i see.

any opinions would be great.

cheers

Ted

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :D

nowt wrong with older clubs tbh. I use G10's and they are circa 2007 and still hold their own and their price today.

Some kit is probably slightly improved but I doubt its leaps and bounds as claimed by marketing gimps.

Never used the callaways so cant comment on those I'm afraid

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the CallyX driver 3&5 wood in the bag at the moment. In preference to my TM R9 & R11's. So read from that what you will?

tedrodgers

Visit site
I was also looking at a new set or irons. At the mo i just have a few MD clubs of varying types but i want to get a "proper" set to work with. I was thinking along the lines of some Cally X22's? I believe they are good for high handicappers / beginners , very forgiving etc?

any opinions on those? and the best place to pick some up, im presuming a new set is hard to come by now? so maybe ebay?

cheers

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site