Callaway Optifit Question

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi,

Quick questions. I have used most of these systems but not the Optifit. Can I assume that its not the case that one ring is loft and the other like/face angle?

It seems that one ring is both loft and like as is the other depending what setting your on? I note that on my bottom ring (the one closest to the club head there is -1 and +2 but that +1 is on the ring above?!

Horrible system I have to say compared with the likes of Titleist but someone could confirm the above that would be great. If it say inline with the white mark, N on one ring and -1 on the other I am set with minus 1 degree loft and neutral lie regardless of what ring has what on it?!

Thanks

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Alex, I have the XR Driver so i think i have this down, if i dont im in trouble as i have adjusted it. The N means its neutral and the +/- is loft. The D is for draw bias i believe.

Its really confusing and for my first adjustable i find it horrible.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have it right. Both rings do loft and lie settings. So find the loft you want then use the other ring to set the lie you want. It's just callaways way of going you more options. I've only tried nikes str8-fit before and find this more straight forward.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've found the Optifit pretty simple, there's not much to think bout! Set lie angle, set loft. Away you go. Doesn't matter which ring you set first.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've found the Optifit pretty simple, there's not much to think bout! Set lie angle, set loft. Away you go. Doesn't matter which ring you set first.

Yep, if that's how it works it's totally simple. Just wanted to clarify as others work a little differently.

Thanks all.