Buying a new set of 2015 MD Icon PG2 irons. Anyone use them?

ballyg321

Visit site
Hi

I am a once a month golfer at best at the moment and want to replace my current set of spalding irons i have had since i was a junior 10 years ago. I have been looking at the 2015 MD icon PG2 irons as they are currently half price at £149 for 4i - sw. worryingly though when i phoned the shop to request they keep a set aside for me the shop assistant said he would sell them for £99.99. Although this seems like the bargain of the century i am skeptical as to why they are soo cheap. anyone heard anything about them?

Thanks

MarkE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mate of mine plays these and loves them. I should imagine the retailer is just trying to shift old stock, so if you were willing to pay £149, the new price is a no-brainer.

ballyg321

Visit site
Mate of mine plays these and loves them. I should imagine the retailer is just trying to shift old stock, so if you were willing to pay £149, the new price is a no-brainer.

Thanks for getting back to me. yeh ive heard only goodd things about them. Was just worried incase they werent made as well as the other icon irons i have seen which seem to be older models and more expensive. I know they make good drivers so i might try and score one of those on the cheap too with the extra cash im saving.

gripitripit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a PG2 3h and it's a brill club and picked up the Seve Icon irons for 70 quid brand new from Dunluce. Also have MD putter. Great underestimated clubs IMO. Dunluce always have a lot of MD stuff for great prices.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site

speaking of nice irons, the snake eyes 675 series! :thup: