Bushnell V2 Rangefinder Problems

sniggy05

Hacker
Visit site
Wondering if anyone can help or advise me on a problem i have with a bushnell v2. It seems to have given up measuring yardages,still has LCD display working,cross hairs there when button is pressed,pinseeker icon is on but alas no yardage. I have rung bushnell uk and was told it's a sealed unit and nothing can be done [cant believe that] but offered me a new one with 30% discount.Must add it out of warrenty [3 years old],can anyone shed any light on the subject or point me in a direction,here's hoping !!:confused:

WideEyedFox

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you tried removing the battery and leaving it completely off for a few hours, clean the battery contacts and then replace with a brand new battery?

I had something similar with a Leupold spotting scope a few years ago. It had a bargain bin battery in it, worked for a while, then did exactly what yours has done. After removing the battery for a few days (while I got around to buying a new one) cleaning the contacts up and putting a decent Duracell battery in it came back to life.

Good luck :thup:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
from your detailed description I would rule out battery, switch (button) and display (abscence of a specific element isn't indicative of a display fault).

this leaves the physical production of, sending out and receiving of the laser 'beam'

apart from physically checking that it's not blocked in some way there's not really a lot that you can do - if the laser's bust it's bust!

WideEyedFox

Assistant Pro
Visit site
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Clash-Titans-Release-Kraken.jpg

:rofl:
Sorry it didn't work sniggy. I've dealt with Bushnell for a warranty item, and they were great (swapped it straight out, no quibbles) - Hopefully they'll be helpful and understanding.
If the laser unit has gone and it's either integrated in to another part within the Range Finder, or not available as a swap out spare, then that's probably why there is no repair path.

sniggy05

Hacker
Visit site
No not really,got the missus to send a snot-a-gramm and got the response i wanted which was to send in to them,then they send it off to germany to see if anything can be done.All i need is proof of purchase,but seeing as my son bought it of the internet[not ebay]and doesnt remember where he got it from im back to square one.

sniggy05

Hacker
Visit site
Just a quick update to my predicament,since the missus did her thing with a couple of e-mails and phone calls.The nice lady we dealt with at bushnell uk,has sent a replacement V2,free of charge.The original was well out of warrenty 3 and a half years old in fact.Just shows what a bit of complaining and persistance can get you.Can not say enough about Natalie at bushnell for what she did in the end,and it came last week and alls well in my world at the moment.Can't wait for the season and some decent weather here's wishing,fingers crossed.:thup:

sniggy05

Hacker
Visit site
Oh yeh, sent the busted one,that really was the initial point,they originally said nothing could be done but you can have a new one at -30% discount.Just shows persist,and you will recieve !!!

brian100

Visit site
I doubt very much that Bushnell would have provided a new rangefinder free of charge for one that was a year out of warranty

D

Deleted member 15344

So the item went faulty out of warranty ( 3 years old ?!? ) and you complained why ?

Yes they sent a new one which is a result and shows them to be a very good company as they didn't have to offer anything

Buy why did you feel you had a right to complain ?

sniggy05

Hacker
Visit site
All i wanted was for them to take a look at it to see if it could be repaired,didnt want to be fobed off by the original mush on the end of the phone without taking a look at it first.He kept telling me it was knackered and not worth looking at[how did he know was only a recepionist] so i persisted and sent the old one in,and a new one came back,happy days.

D

Deleted member 15344

All i wanted was for them to take a look at it to see if it could be repaired,didnt want to be fobed off by the original mush on the end of the phone without taking a look at it first.He kept telling me it was knackered and not worth looking at[how did he know was only a recepionist] so i persisted and sent the old one in,and a new one came back,happy days.

Good work :thup: