Burley Golf Club

• Thread starter Deleted member 1418
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

Anyone on here a member or play it regularly? Am on a family break in the New Forest and staying in a hotel over the road and had a great walk over the course this afternoon and brought back fond memories of playing it about 30 years ago! Was the first course I ever played 'on holiday' and always remembered the ponies wandering around, so was delighted to see one happily munching away on the grass on the 2nd tee!!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Planning on playing it the Monday after next ironically enough!

From what I can remember, as its nearly 10 years since I last played there, its a lovely course. The greens were like lightning though! I remember birdieing the fourth when my putt went past the hole and rolled back down the slope into the hole!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've not played there for a few years but it's always a good laugh. The greens are amazing despite the fact you get cows, sheep, day trippers etc stomping all over them.

Next time you're down, bring your clubs. My place is just down the road. No cows there, just a few donkeys !!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played here earlier this evening. A very enjoyable round but i dont think i'll be returning any time soon. The course is cracking but the road is a bit too close for comfort on a couple of the holes. Try as i might i couldnt get it out of my mind!

And the last is very tight to the first tee.