Bunkers

jbaitho78

Visit site
With the interesting rake video floating around the inter webs it made me think about some of the comments made,

What kind of bunker do you like around the green? Describe your dream greenside bunker below

Last edited:

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Thankfully my golf obsession has not developed enough that I have a favourite dream bunker. Yet. They are still just a deep hole filled with sand to me, hopefully sand that is soft not cement like.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You have to admit that hitting a nice shot out of a greenside bunker is extremely satisfying
Even more satisfying to hole the bunker shot. Sadly it doesn't happen too often. Been working hard on my bunker play this summer and getting up and down more than I was and definitely getting closer more often. Love that sound when you hit the sand perfectly and use the bounce and it pops up high and soft

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Even more satisfying to hole the bunker shot. Sadly it doesn't happen too often. Been working hard on my bunker play this summer and getting up and down more than I was and definitely getting closer more often. Love that sound when you hit the sand perfectly and use the bounce and it pops up high and soft
The annoying thing at our place is inconsistency of the sand. Depending on which hole you're on, there could be too much sand, or no sand at all. Sometimes you're not sure which it is until you've had a swing at it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The annoying thing at our place is inconsistency of the sand. Depending on which hole you're on, there could be too much sand, or no sand at all. Sometimes you're not sure which it is until you've had a swing at it.
Same at my place so you're not alone. We've definitely got several bunkers where you want avoid going in as there will be barely any sand at one part and a decent amount in other parts so it's a real lottery as to whether you can play a standard shot and the bounces hits the bottom and skids (thinned for miles) or can play a good shot. We have a couple where the sand is deep (goes a way up the shoes) and it is easy to plug and hard to play from. All I ask is consistency

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I remember seeing a tip where you can tell what the sand is like underneath the surface by just noticing it as you shimmy your feet in when taking your stance. Works for me for the most part.