Buckingham or Rye Hill

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Tomorrow (Wed) I have a day off and an AG voucher to use and these two courses are looking an option.
Anyone able to help sway me?
Condition etc

Will also be solo if anyone at a loose end. (Midday ish)
Newbury direction is my other option.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not a great deal to choose between them quality wise (albeit i havent played either for a few years). Buckingham a bit shorter and suffers a bit more if wet (albeit should be fine currently), Rye Hill a longer track, hillier and quite exposed if windy.

Having a quick peek on TOT, Magnolia Park not an option for you?

Outside chance I could join if youre at Buckingham but wont know until the morning to whether i can move a meeting or not

Edit: dont you have to book the AG voucher games several days in advance?

Last edited:

BubbaP

Visit site
Ah, you are correct, I had not spotted the 3 days in advance bit in the T&Cs. I have driven past Buckingham many times which was one reason.
Magnolia would have been an option, had some iffy review on that site, but prefer knowledge from here.

I was touch n go with other things I need to do tomorrow, so will look out for another date.

D

Deleted member 15344

We played Magnolia this year and it was a mess - worst tees I have ever seen , greens were shocking - it was awful

Buckingham is a decent course , a bit dull

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah, you are correct, I had not spotted the 3 days in advance bit in the T&Cs. I have driven past Buckingham many times which was one reason.
Magnolia would have been an option, had some iffy review on that site, but prefer knowledge from here.

I was touch n go with other things I need to do tomorrow, so will look out for another date.

if youre heading this way in the future let us know and will see if i can join you

BubbaP

Visit site
Yes, will do.
I looked back as I used a voucher back in May and booked it less than 24 hours prior, this new T&C is a pain 😩

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having played both Magnolia Park GC and Buckingham GC this year, there's no comparison in my opinion. Magnolia Park is better in every way, on course and off course.