Broadband?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm probably going to change suppliers away from BT.

NOW Broadband looks reasonable for 38mb, line rental and anytime calls. Just wondering if anyone uses them and are they ok- or any better suggestions?

Many thanks

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
unless you use virgin , they all use the same lines, maintained by openreach (BT).
Whats wrong with BT ?
Ive used guys on the BT forum before for advice and has helped

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was looking into this on Monday and was very tempted with Sky offer , alas still have 12 months of BT contract to run and would have cost £314 to end early so having to wait to change. Guy from BT couldn't reduce our subs so they will be history this time next year

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
unless you use virgin , they all use the same lines, maintained by openreach (BT).
Whats wrong with BT ?
Ive used guys on the BT forum before for advice and has helped

I'm currently paying about £45 per month and others are much cheaper. I realise that the system is the same one

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
phone them at the end of the contract, tell them youre leaving and what youre going to be paying, its amazing how they react ;)

Absolutely Fundy, I always switch suppliers for gas, electric etc etc whenever I get a better deal but I ask for a better deal from where I am first - cheers!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got a letter from Vodaphone (I have my mobile with them)

Currently with EE. 35mb. + 24/7 free landline. £31pm

Vodaphone offering 63mb + 24/7 landline @ £28.95pm
or 35mb + 24/7 landline @ £26.95pm

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Our 18 mth contract finished with EE in Dec. It went up £12 a month in Jan. End of this month we are up grading Sky TV. So I checked on line. The faster Sky broadband was only £25 as against £39 with EE. I rang EE and asked them why I should pay £39 and not just swop. In Essence I now pay £28 A month for 24/7 calls and faster broadband.
2 mins surfing the net could save you enough to get a new vokey wedge over the year.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I'm probably going to change suppliers away from BT.

NOW Broadband looks reasonable for 38mb, line rental and anytime calls. Just wondering if anyone uses them and are they ok- or any better suggestions?

Many thanks
Left BT several years ago, don't use the "same lines", don't have a landline, and have never used Virgin ?‍♂️

Sorry Chris, can't help with your query, good luck.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just got a letter from Vodaphone (I have my mobile with them)

Currently with EE. 35mb. + 24/7 free landline. £31pm

Vodaphone offering 63mb + 24/7 landline @ £28.95pm
or 35mb + 24/7 landline @ £26.95pm

I'm also looking to switch over to Vodafone BB.
Have both of our 'phones with them and have never had a problem.
I've been with Plusnet for some time and have been more than happy with them, but the Vodafone deal is a little cheaper.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Avoid EE.. Our service has been crap and they're putting the price for the privilege

Amazing how people get such different service/opinions. I've recently changed to EE and they've been excellent so far.

Was on Plusnet for years and they were good until I moved house and they were crap in the new house, wasn't getting the speeds I was paying for, couldn't stream anything without buffering etc. Had engineers out etc and never made one bit of difference.

Touch wood not a single issue or blip so far with EE.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have been with EE (and its predecessors Wanadoo, Orange, Freeserve) since AOL closed. No issues with them. In fact they reconfigured my complicated landline/broadband cabling for free 'just in case'. It turned out to be a faulty connection in the BT exchange. I think they have moved their phone centre to the UK. Whenever I get flyers from competitors they will always match or better it. Although some other don't offer free 24/7 landline calls so I ignore those.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We were on Fibre 1 with BT at £26.99 and got it down to £21.99 at renewal by removing the calls package as we never use the landline. Now TV is part of Sky TV, we were with Sky previously but left as they would not let us use our own router and wi-fi signal was very poor with their own one. This is one factor to consider some supplier give out quite poor routers with their packages, the BT Smart Hub or Smart Hub 2 is one of the better ones. If you do swap go through Topcashback as there is usually a decent payment for switching. If you want to retain access to BT Sport try Plusnet as they are owned by BT (as are EE).

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think one of the main problems with Broadband providers is as soon as your contract finishes they will not let you know. The price then goes up. Unfortunately it is then up to us to chase up said provider. I think the deal we have is an excellent price for what we get. But someone on here has it slightly better ?. Others far worse. Would deffo go along with the comments re EE and other providers. Sometimes there good and sometimes there terrible. You have to shop around for the prices to compare. When I contacted EE to renegotiate I had the info on the iPad and just quoted it. Deal done within 2 mins.
The problem is, it is the same once you get to the end of your phone contract, Leccy and gas bills, house insurance, car insurance etc etc. The days of looking after Loyal customers is long gone. Martin Lewis hits the nail on the head when he says always compare when renewing.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'd agree with the above ref always shop around for the best deal otherwise you find the price just being continuously hiked up. My father-in-law is with BT but every time we've re-negotiated they've messed it up and we had to chase them up.
We were with TalkTalk but whilst their service is cheap, their after sales service is rubbish. In the end I got fed up and changed to Sky as we got a good deal from them for the TV, Phone and Broadband but we'll renegotiate it when this agreement finishes.
AS above, it all comes down the same line and all the providers promise the same speed.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is worth doing a Broadband check for your area.

They actually check your locality and work out who actually provides the speeds that are in the headline rates advertised.

Where I live BT is noticeably faster than any other supplier which is why I stick with them.