Breaking news on healthcare worker

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://news.sky.com/story/healthca...-suspicion-of-murdering-eight-babies-11424735

A female healthcare worker has been arrested on suspicion of murdering eight babies and the attempted murder of another six.
Police confirmed the arrest followed an investigation of the neo-natal unit at the Countess of Chester Hospital.
Detective Inspector Paul Hughes, who is in charge of the investigation, said: "The investigation into the neonatal unit at The Countess of Chester Hospital is continuing. Since it was first launched in May 2017, a dedicated team of detectives have been working tirelessly on this case.
"This is a highly complex and very sensitive investigation and, as you can appreciate, we need to ensure we do everything we possibly can to try to establish in detail what has led to these baby deaths and collapses.
"When the investigation was first launched it was focusing on the deaths of 15 babies that occurred between the period of June 2015 and June 2016.

I'm a firm believer in capital punishment existing in some form for instances like this (if true).

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
https://news.sky.com/story/healthca...-suspicion-of-murdering-eight-babies-11424735

A female healthcare worker has been arrested on suspicion of murdering eight babies and the attempted murder of another six.
Police confirmed the arrest followed an investigation of the neo-natal unit at the Countess of Chester Hospital.
Detective Inspector Paul Hughes, who is in charge of the investigation, said: "The investigation into the neonatal unit at The Countess of Chester Hospital is continuing. Since it was first launched in May 2017, a dedicated team of detectives have been working tirelessly on this case.
"This is a highly complex and very sensitive investigation and, as you can appreciate, we need to ensure we do everything we possibly can to try to establish in detail what has led to these baby deaths and collapses.
"When the investigation was first launched it was focusing on the deaths of 15 babies that occurred between the period of June 2015 and June 2016.

I'm a firm believer in capital punishment existing in some form for instances like this (if true).
Yup. I think the death penalty is something that should be brought back

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just dont see what benefit there is of locking someone up for the rest of their lives if they're guilty of this.....what would it achieve, how much would it cost, do they deserve it. I cant even begin to imagine the misery this person has inflicted on all those familes....the countless lives she's affected.

D

Deleted member 15344

The Death penalty has no place in a modern civilised society and thankfully the UK removed it years back and it will never return - ending someone’s life should never be a punishment regardless of the crime , we use out justice system and the person will be put away for life to remove their full rights to life out their life paying for what they did.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I just dont see what benefit there is of locking someone up for the rest of their lives if they're guilty of this.....what would it achieve, how much would it cost, do they deserve it. I cant even begin to imagine the misery this person has inflicted on all those familes....the countless lives she's affected.

With respect! That's all irrelevant! We either believe that we should be able to put another human being to death or we don't!

I'm strongly in the latter camp!

And that's without any (well, not much) thought of the possibility of wrongful/unsafe conviction - as HAS happened in UK!

There's a fine line between legitimate 'punishment' and revenge imo!

D

Deleted member 16999

Let the legal process take due course and if they or anyone else is found guilty of a crime such as this, then yes I’m for the death penalty.
In a modern society I firmly believe the death penalty should be an option for a judge for certain crimes.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I would agree but the plod have put to many innocent people away over the years it’s not coming back.

But DNA nowadays is better it’s a genuine argument, but the government don’t do what the people want if it is what we want.?
They will never ask us.

The families should have a say in a victims statement.

We all know life dosnt mean life anymore .

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I don't agree with the death penalty as there is no coming back should it be eventually discovered an error has been made.
BUT I believe that Life should mean Life and not getting out at a later date years later. Let them rot in jail and consider their actions whilst staring at four walls.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'd lose no sleep over the death penalty. But at the very minimum ANYONE guilty if a capital crime should be left in a tiny room, no windows and no privileges.

No rewards fir good behaviour. There is no reform frim murder.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd lose no sleep over the death penalty. But at the very minimum ANYONE guilty if a capital crime should be left in a tiny room, no windows and no privileges.

No rewards fir good behaviour. There is no reform frim murder.

This. I think most of the people calling for the death penalty would agree if this was the case there would be no need for the death penalty.

The problem is we're too focussed on rehabilitation instead of just locking these people up until they die.

As you've said a wee room with a toilet. No interaction with anyone. Locked door and no daylight at all. I think that might start to deter people unlike the cushy number prisoners have these days. Absolutely disgusting waste of money.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
problem with that form of punishment is that the person would just go crazy..... and what's that achieved? I think the crime deserves a level of punishment.

D

Deleted member 15344

what needs to happen is the prison system needs to reform to ensure that people are rightly punished for what crime they commit

If someone has committed murder then they get a prison sentence that fits that crime - and if it’s life then it’s life , in a cell , one hour walking around a yard other than that it’s in a cell either on their own or with another

No telly , no sky , papers , phone , or any amenities that most people would call a luxury.

Would actually like to see them be part of working parties for things if required

And then if you get people the likes of Child killers then it’s a cell on your own one hour fresh air etc

We as a society shouldn’t ever go down to the same levels as someone who commits these awful crimes

Capital punishment has never worked as a deterrent