Break from golf

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi

Not picked up a club in anger since September last year as I welcomed a new addition into my family.

I'm itching to get back into the world of golf now!

Would it be worth me holding fire until I can arrange a lesson or should I just get straight back on to the range? Really want to get going soon but don't want to go straight on the range and destroy any confidence I have with a rusty swing!

I suppose I've just answered my own question but what would you guys do after having a break this long from golf??

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In my opinion you're thinking too much just get out on the course and play. A few solo rounds will soon see you back more or less on track.

If you make a big deal out of it you'll not be relaxed and won't swing well.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Grogger, welcome back.

Blackpuddinmonster and I will be arranging a knock soon, possibly this coming weekend (pm). You're welcome to join us, it'll be nowt other than dusting off a few cobwebs.

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Grogger, welcome back.

Blackpuddinmonster and I will be arranging a knock soon, possibly this coming weekend (pm). You're welcome to join us, it'll be nowt other than dusting off a few cobwebs.

Thanks Odvan

this is weekend may be a bit short notice for me but I'll definitely be up for a round at some point.

Where you thinking of playing?

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm in at Stand so it'd be guest rate. Still, happy to play somewhere else. BPM is having a nosey at a few clubs I think so I'm cool with a venue.

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm in at Stand so it'd be guest rate. Still, happy to play somewhere else. BPM is having a nosey at a few clubs I think so I'm cool with a venue.

Cool I've played Stand once I think? Seem to remember one of the holes is a horrible blind dog leg to the left going downhill?? Can't remember which hole though.

I'll play anywhere. I normally play Pike Fold or Breightmet

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Call that a break!

Go with expectations low, and you will probably surprise yourself. I've often scored well after a long layoff then it goes down for rounds 2 & 3

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cool I've played Stand once I think? Seem to remember one of the holes is a horrible blind dog leg to the left going downhill?? Can't remember which hole though.

I'll play anywhere. I normally play Pike Fold or Breightmet

Could be one of a few!

4th Par 4 SI 1 is blind, a downhill fairway for your drive, uphill for your approach and its 400yrds. But I think you're remembering the 8th, aiming at the cross over all the crap to roll down into the valley, leaving a steep uphill approach to the green, that's also blind if you're in the wrong spot.

Never played Pike Fold or Breightmet. Get in touch if and when ya fancy it.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi

Not picked up a club in anger since September last year as I welcomed a new addition into my family.

Going to be me by the end of this summer, I was planning/saving for a busy 2015 of golf too!

I also have also hardly hit a ball since late last year, my last round at a full course was probably early summer 2014! Since then its been sporadic at best, mostly local par 3 course (inc a -1 9 holes :D)

Who knows what I will be like when I next try and play 18 holes, first question though is where?