Boxing/UFC 2018-24

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not a big Boxing fan but enjoyed Ewbank junior the other week.

one is worth $40m. And the other $13 m. Realise there is a bit of a grudge but why do they want to kick 6 bells out of each other when they have so much cash?.

It is on Fox Sports if you have a dodgy box

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Not a big Boxing fan but enjoyed Ewbank junior the other week.

one is worth $40m. And the other $13 m. Realise there is a bit of a grudge but why do they want to kick 6 bells out of each other when they have so much cash?.

It is on Fox Sports if you have a dodgy box

Eubank JR is an absolute bellend.

Started off trying to be just like this dad and now thinks he’s RJJ because he’s trained him for 1 fight.

He’s entertaining but cannot wait to see him out cold

I’m just generally bitter about him because he lost me a lot of money when he fought George Groves. He will never be elite.

G1z1

Visit site
At this stage of their careers they will want to go where the money is and I’m certain after tonight’s numbers they will want to run it back.

Big stadium for Part 2 incoming

And Pacquiao vs Marquez ran it back FOUR times. Probably the worst example you could have used ever ?
I think it’s the perfect example. No way will there be a khan vs brook 2 whoever wins tonight, the win will mean more than the money.
This is the comparison to Marquez vs pacman, Marquez said when asked why he wouldn’t do the pacman fight again and he said the ko victory meant more to him than money. Khan and brook are set financially So there will be no rematch :ROFLMAO:

Bamberdele21

Visit site
I think it’s the perfect example. No way will there be a khan vs brook 2 whoever wins tonight, the win will mean more than the money.
This is the comparison to Marquez vs pacman, Marquez said when asked why he wouldn’t do the pacman fight again and he said the ko victory meant more to him than money. Khan and brook are set financially So there will be no rematch :ROFLMAO:

It’s absolutely the worst example you could of ever come up with. Lol.

You say there won’t be a second fight whilst comparing two boxers that fought each other FOUR times.

Please, just let that sink in for 1 minute ?

G1z1

Visit site

You say there won’t be a second fight whilst comparing two boxers that fought each other FOUR times.

My example has obviously went right over your head casual :ROFLMAO:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

H'mm. I'm not an avid boxing fan, but can see why split results (including a Draw/Tie) would NOT end the 'conflict', whereas the KO did!
Not sure whether the same could/would happen tonight if not settled. Inference is 'No', but much of that is part of the 'promotion'.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
H'mm. I'm not an avid boxing fan, but can see why split results (including a Draw/Tie) would NOT end the 'conflict', whereas the KO did!
Not sure whether the same could/would happen tonight if not settled. Inference is 'No', but much of that is part of the 'promotion'.

so what you are trying to say is that no boxing match will be settled unless there is a conclusive knock out (which only happened in Marquez Pacquiao’s fourth fight) and if you’re not in tune with how that went Marquez lost TWICE and drew once to Pacquiao before getting shredded up on steroids to knock Pacquiao out in their fourth fight.

G1z1 is saying that there won’t be a rematch because there is basically going to be a conclusive result at the end (a one sided beating or a knock out) which completely contradicts what I’ve said…

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
so what you are trying to say is that no boxing match will be settled unless there is a conclusive knock out (which only happened in Marquez Pacquiao’s fourth fight) and if you’re not in tune with how that went Marquez lost TWICE and drew once to Pacquiao before getting shredded up on steroids to knock Pacquiao out in their fourth fight.
Notwithstanding your incorrect interpretation of my post (the italicised bit) and your possibly libelous statement about steroids, that fight series actually 'proves' my point!
The difference with this fight is that both fighters are 'past their best' and it's a 'bragging rights' fight cf the Marquez Pacquiao one(s).

I'm neutral on whether there'll be a clear winner.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Notwithstanding your incorrect interpretation of my post (the italicised bit) and your possibly libelous statement about steroids, that fight series actually 'proves' my point!
The difference this time is that both fighters are 'past their best' and it's a 'bragging rights' fight cf the Marquez Pacquiao one(s).

how could there be ‘bragging rights’ when Pacquiao won twice and drew once during their first 3 fights pal?

Bamberdele21

Visit site
There was zero bragging rights in the fourth fight btw.

Top Rank / Bob Arum were cashing out on Pacquiao because they knew he was on the decline.

Pacquiao fought for money. Marquez fought to be ‘that Mexican’.

If Brook knocks out Khan and Khan wants a rematch where Brook is the A side I would absolute bet my house on there being a second fight (which is where me and G1z1 have a conflicting opinion)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ll probably watch it as I get it for free plus I need to be up late ish to get tomorrows bread tucked up in the fridge for the night

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ll watch it, hopefully by a decent stream.

If Khan boxes like a boxer he can be, he will win as he has the fast hands and lateral movements. If he trades then he will be k.o.’d by Brooks who is very much down the line. I think Khan‘s chin will let him down though and although I’d like Khan to win, I’ll go Brook k.o. in the middle rounds.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
M
I’ll watch it, hopefully by a decent stream.

If Khan boxes like a boxer he can be, he will win as he has the fast hands and lateral movements. If he trades then he will be k.o.’d by Brooks who is very much down the line. I think Khan‘s chin will let him down though and although I’d like Khan to win, I’ll go Brook k.o. in the middle rounds.

It’s why Khan always been the more exciting fighter and earned more money over the years.

You know he’s got it in his locker to box smart but when he gets tagged he’d rather go out on his shield and get knocked out, instead of taking a knee or trying recover himself.

Two great servants to the sport. Makes me feel old knowing they are coming to the end of the line, feels like yesterday I was watching Khan explode after the Olympics.