Boxing/UFC 2018-24

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
What's he done, or is that just generally?

Was going to ask if any interest in this one

I quite like trash talk, but he’s been badly advised on this one, I’m not sure the point he’s making, is he going to be embarrassed getting beat by a ‘gay’ man, like it would never happen?
Maybe I’ve misrepresented the situation but I really don’t understand it.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

I quite like trash talk, but he’s been badly advised on this one, I’m not sure the point he’s making, is he going to be embarrassed getting beat by a ‘gay’ man, like it would never happen?

Pathetic from Smith

Clearly not enough intelligence to create a real argument or beef so basically just comes out and calls his opponent Gay as if its something wrong?

Grow the hell up and I hope he gets Knocked out now.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pathetic from Smith

Clearly not enough intelligence to create a real argument or beef so basically just comes out and calls his opponent Gay as if its something wrong?

Grow the hell up and I hope he gets Knocked out now.

Agreed. Real scumbag stuff from Smith. Thought Eubank handled it well, and hope he gives Smith a good hiding.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The press conference comments from Smith shocked me. He’s not done himself any favours with the backward and offensive insinuations. It’s a shame because the Behind the Ropes and the Gloves Are Off showed him in a positive light and I think he already had Eubank rattled.

I think it’s a tight fight. Smith is the better boxer and fights in the pocket. Eubank is the better athlete. Both have great chins. Potential for it to be and good fight and I’m still looking forward to it. This adds a different level of needle.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Not a Eubank fan,but Smith is just a typical scally gob ?.
So on this occasion I’ll be cheering Eubank jr on.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Smith shot himself in the foot here. Didn’t need to go that low and now I’m doubly hoping he gets K.O’d.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought as the fight started that Eubank looked very tight. He shouldn't be fighting at that weight but that his/teams choice. Can't see where he goes from here. Third time he's failed an audition when it counts.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I thought as the fight started that Eubank looked very tight. He shouldn't be fighting at that weight but that his/teams choice. Can't see where he goes from here. Third time he's failed an audition when it counts.

100% on the weight, it does him absolutely no favours, he looked good in the 3rd but I'm not sure where he goes from here.
I'm not a fan of Smith.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
100% on the weight, it does him absolutely no favours, he looked good in the 3rd but I'm not sure where he goes from here.
I'm not a fan of Smith.
Ditto on Smith. A decent level fighter at best, yet struck gold tonight. Perhaps Benn v Smith would sell...?

Eubank must go super-middle. At that weight he has stamina and punch resistance. Tonight looking at that performance and conditioning, Benn did him a favour by failing those tests.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Ditto on Smith. A decent level fighter at best, yet struck gold tonight. Perhaps Benn v Smith would sell...?

Eubank must go super-middle. At that weight he has stamina and punch resistance. Tonight looking at that performance and conditioning, Benn did him a favour by failing those tests.

Was looking at the rankings, Smith or Eubank aren’t near the top fighters at both that weights in my opinion.
Maybe Benn for Smith, I’m really just not sure where they go from here, they are both middle of the road.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought it was a good fight and a great finish from Smith. Shouldn’t ever have been a PPV fight, but suppose it’s the norm now for a fight with any interest.

The weight is an interesting point. Had he fought Benn, Eubank would have had to deplete himself under the middleweight limit, I think it was 157lbs. 160lbs (weighed in at 159 I think?) didn’t do him any favours, so we may have seen a similar outcome. We see the impact of weight cutting fairly regularly in MMA. Eubank has no doubt been hit with bigger shots, but cutting too much erodes some of that punch resistance.

They may do a rematch. More likely, I think Smith takes a pay day against Brook.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought it was a good fight and a great finish from Smith. Shouldn’t ever have been a PPV fight, but suppose it’s the norm now for a fight with any interest.

The weight is an interesting point. Had he fought Benn, Eubank would have had to deplete himself under the middleweight limit, I think it was 157lbs. 160lbs (weighed in at 159 I think?) didn’t do him any favours, so we may have seen a similar outcome. We see the impact of weight cutting fairly regularly in MMA. Eubank has no doubt been hit with bigger shots, but cutting too much erodes some of that punch resistance.

They may do a rematch. More likely, I think Smith takes a pay day against Brook.

Is Brook not retired now? If not, that could be an interesting match-up. [Edit] Just seen Sky Sports story about Brook wanting to fight the winner ?

In a moment of weakness, I did the PPV. I was interested in the undercard so "I got my money's worth" so to speak.?. Riakporhe was decent, Parker was, errr, Parker - lots of noise and flattering to deceive.

Rebro

Visit site
I wasn’t going to pay for the PPV but after Smiths caveman comments at the press conference I just wanted Eubank to take his head off. Right up until he got tagged he was looking pretty sharp but unfortunately the age old saying of ‘you can’t put muscle on your chin’ came true. He was out on his feet at the end and it was a good stoppage by the ref.
So, what’s next for them both? Well, Smith finished the fight well, good combinations and fast hands but, IMHO he’s a long way short of the big guns and I agree with you guys that he should look to Benn next.
As for Eubank, unfortunately for him, he’s never going to be his dad, either skill wise or in being able to take punishment and again, IMHO, maybe should call it a day.
Now, let’s look forward to Fury v Uysk. Let’s have your predictions ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wasn’t going to pay for the PPV but after Smiths caveman comments at the press conference I just wanted Eubank to take his head off. Right up until he got tagged he was looking pretty sharp but unfortunately the age old saying of ‘you can’t put muscle on your chin’ came true. He was out on his feet at the end and it was a good stoppage by the ref.
So, what’s next for them both? Well, Smith finished the fight well, good combinations and fast hands but, IMHO he’s a long way short of the big guns and I agree with you guys that he should look to Benn next.
As for Eubank, unfortunately for him, he’s never going to be his dad, either skill wise or in being able to take punishment and again, IMHO, maybe should call it a day.
Now, let’s look forward to Fury v Uysk. Let’s have your predictions ?

Final word on Eubank Jnr. I kinda bought into the type over his career that he was NextGen. Was hoping that last night he would make that statement. He did, but in the opposite way. Disappointing that he couldn't cash the cheque his mouth was spouting.

Fury v Usyk. On the fence here. Currently I will say a good big one will beat a good small one.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Final word on Eubank Jnr. I kinda bought into the type over his career that he was NextGen. Was hoping that last night he would make that statement. He did, but in the opposite way. Disappointing that he couldn't cash the cheque his mouth was spouting.

Fury v Usyk. On the fence here. Currently I will say a good big one will beat a good small one.
Agree on Eubank Jnr. Came up short when it mattered and not in enough fights with top class fighters. Good wins over Abraham and DeGale aside (both well past their best - was DeGale any good anyway…) his resume is domestic class at best.

I’ve only really watched Usyk since he fought Bellew. He’s skilled no doubt. Not sure how resilient he is though. Fury will test that and is excellent at leaning on, taking the centre of the ring and smothering, all of which tire the opposition. Plus Fury’s style since the first Wilder fight is much more aggressive. I’ll be back a win by Firy by KO.

….and a points win for Usyk…