Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dillashaw clearly came into that fight carrying a pretty significant injury. No idea why his corner didn’t pull him out the first time it popped out of place.

Makhachev looked great on the ground and on his feet.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Dillashaw clearly came into that fight carrying a pretty significant injury. No idea why his corner didn’t pull him out the first time it popped out of place.

Makhachev looked great on the ground and on his feet.
Can’t see anyone beating Islam for a while.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve just seen that Jake Paul beat Anderson Silva last night, in a boxing bout. I don’t think you can argue with his business model and the way he picks his fights. And he probably does have some talent (great KO’s of Askren and Woodley, plus he knocked Silva down). No idea if anyone who watches him has any idea of context though. Silva won one out of nine MMA fights since 2012. He was shot. I know he has won a few boxing matches subsequently, but one of those was against Tito Ortiz! Again, Mr Paul may be a lot smarter than people give him credit for.

My frustration is that this received more attention than the great Lomachenko fight. But I guess he’s immensely popular with younger generations.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Well Poirier v Chandler didn’t disappoint ?
I was actually happy to see Izzy lose as his last few fights have been a bit of a bore fest.
Although if the first round had gone 20secs longer he’d have probably gotten the win.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well Poirier v Chandler didn’t disappoint ?
I was actually happy to see Izzy lose as his last few fights have been a bit of a bore fest.
Although if the first round had gone 20secs longer he’d have probably gotten the win.
Poirier is rarely in a bad fight. Hope he gets to go straight in with Makhachev. Like you, I wasn’t bothered about Adesanya losing. Some fighters just have the others number. Not that Pereira had it his own way.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Pourer is rarely in a bad fight. Hope he gets to go straight in with Makhachev. Like you, I wasn’t bothered about Adesanya losing. Some fighters just have the others number. Not that Pereira had it his own way.
Tbf neither is Chandler.
Can’t be good long term taking that much damage every fight.
Makhachev would beat Poirier with ease imo.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tbf neither is Chandler.
Can’t be good long term taking that much damage every fight.
Makhachev would beat Poirier with ease imo.
Yeah it would probably go the same way as the Khabib fight.

Chandler is great to watch. I saw a lot of clips from Bellator and was looking forward to him coming to the UFC. His level of opponents have been off the scale. Going to war every single fight is not really a smart move. But it is entertaining!