Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Big fight overnight in the US and on DAZN (which I don't have). Many, including myself, had Canelo down to win, but surprisingly and admittedly to this author, pleasingly, Bivol won a UD. Didn't see the fight but heard the scorecards may have been generous, even in defeat, to Canelo.
I saw the result this morning before golf and was shocked. Still not seen it but I wouldn’t be surprised if Canelo was hoping to land a big punch and over-relied on that. He’s taken that tactic previously. I must admit to not knowing much about Bivol. Only seen him twice, I think and didn’t think he had the beating of Alverez.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I like Strickland. He should not have went down to welterweight. Different animal at middleweight. That being said, he’s in a fight with Pereira.
Really looking foward to this card.
I’m going for Holloway win by decision.
Izzy win.
Pereira win.
Although I’d love to see Strickland win,imagine the build up to a fight with Izzy ?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Really looking foward to this card.
I’m going for Holloway win by decision.
Izzy win.
Pereira win.
Although I’d love to see Strickland win,imagine the build up to a fight with Izzy ?
Best card in a while. I wouldn’t argue with your predictions but would like to see Volkanovski win. Also interested to see how O’Malley deals with Munhoz.

Strickland/Adesanya has a real chance if they both win.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Best card in a while. I wouldn’t argue with your predictions but would like to see Volkanovski win. Also interested to see how O’Malley deals with Munhoz.

Strickland/Adesanya has a real chance if they both win.
I don’t see how people can say Holloway won the first,but I reckon he won the 2nd.
I’d like to see Izzy lose,gets a bit boring when someone has a belt for so long.
Plus some of his fights just look like he’s sparring.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t see how people can say Holloway won the first,but I reckon he won the 2nd.
I’d like to see Izzy lose,gets a bit boring when someone has a belt for so long.
Plus some of his fights just look like he’s sparring.
Their second fight was certainly closer. I could see it going either way. Holloway is one of my favourites but think he’s past his best now.

Adesanya can stroll through fights. I don’t think Cannonier will force him to shift through the gears though.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Their second fight was certainly closer. I could see it going either way. Holloway is one of my favourites but think he’s past his best now.

Adesanya can stroll through fights. I don’t think Cannonier will force him to shift through the gears though.
Would be interesting to see how Izzy would go against Pereira in mma.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well, that didn’t disappoint.

Easy night for Adesanya, as expected. I suspect his next fight will be a bit more difficult...

Speaking of which, brilliant performance by Pereira. Although, why Strickland stood in front of him like that I’ll never know.

Barberena out-Lawlered Robbie Lawler. Great fight while it lasted though. Hope Lawler calls it quits now. Some career and it would be good if he could get out with all his faculties.

Performance of the night goes to Volkanovski though. Brilliant. Holloway had no answer. Issue now is, who is left for him at featherweight?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is Paddy Pimblett being primed to be the next UFC mega star? Great finish again tonight. Talks well, distinctive look and huge domestic following - plus 3 finishes in a row in his first 3 UFC fights. He’s getting mainstream media coverage and I also saw him feature in Gary Neville’s Overlap YouTube channel. Interested to see how he’ll fair as they step his competition level up.

D

Deleted member 1740

Is Paddy Pimblett being primed to be the next UFC mega star? Great finish again tonight. Talks well, distinctive look and huge domestic following - plus 3 finishes in a row in his first 3 UFC fights. He’s getting mainstream media coverage and I also saw him feature in Gary Neville’s Overlap YouTube channel. Interested to see how he’ll fair as they step his competition level up.

It's great seeing a local lad do well. I like the cut of his jib. I hope he doesn't get rushed to a big shot, i think he needs time to learn and grow.

His shout out at the end about mental health in men was emotional.

As for his mate Meatball Molly, that spinning elbow just wow. Imagine taking your wages home a pound shy to her!!

I watched the overlap this morning, both came across really well.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's great seeing a local lad do well. I like the cut of his jib. I hope he doesn't get rushed to a big shot, i think he needs time to learn and grow.

His shout out at the end about mental health in men was emotional.

As for his mate Meatball Molly, that spinning elbow just wow. Imagine taking your wages home a pound shy to her!!

I watched the overlap this morning, both came across really well.
Yeah his speech at the end was emotional and surprisingly eloquent. Struck exactly the right chord. I hope you’re right and that he’s given time. Although he’s been around for a long time in the UK, his level of opposition so far has not been great.

McCann will get another performance award for sure. 3 in a row, with back to back spinning elbows playing a huge part in the last 2 fights.

I really enjoyed the Overlap. Both came across great, good banter between them but a genuine love and camaraderie as teammates and friends was clear. Can’t believe they missed the opportunity to duff Neville up a bit like.