Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whilst it is lesser news than the above ?
We have Fury - Whyte this weekend. Big crowd. Can Whyte trouble the big guy?
Not unless he hasn’t taken him seriously. Whyte is limited, but does have KO power. I think Fury dispatches him in 3-5. However, might have a few individual rounds on Whyte in case of the upset.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve just placed my bets. This should be an easy night for Fury. But he looks very relaxed, is he a little too relaxed...? Anyway, lumped on Fury 4-6 and by decision. Also a few quid on Whyte 1-3 in case he catches him cold. Plus Whyte individual rounds 7-11 as they were 40-1 and he carries his power well (only £1 bets on the individual rounds).

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There is no way Fury retires with >£100m still to bank. I think he’ll be praying Joshua somehow comes out on top in the rematch as that is THE money fight. Plus Usyk provides a much, much tricker fight.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I recently watched a documentary about the best heavyweights of the 90’s. Lennox Lewis came out on top and was obviously an amazing fighter. Unified the division. Good athlete, top boxing brain and knockout power. Plus he beat everyone he faced. I don’t normally like to compare generations, but... does Fury now have a claim to being the best British heavyweight of all time? Certainly the best of his generation.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recently watched a documentary about the best heavyweights of the 90’s. Lennox Lewis came out on top and was obviously an amazing fighter. Unified the division. Good athlete, top boxing brain and knockout power. Plus he beat everyone he faced. I don’t normally like to compare generations, but... does Fury now have a claim to being the best British heavyweight of all time? Certainly the best of his generation.

Lewis still tops for me.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very disappointed with Dillians performance and can’t agree with Fury that he will become world champion.
Can’t see Fury retiring he needs it for his sanity.
Every time you look at Fury you wonder with how he looks he performs so well,but there’s no doubt he’s a class fighter.

4LEX

Visit site
I think Usyk beats AJ, Fury beats Usyk in December and then sets up a Wembley fight with AJ next spring.

Although as Fromtherough says, it'll be much easier if AJ does he job and we can have a Battle of Britain in December.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Usyk beats AJ, Fury beats Usyk in December and then sets up a Wembley fight with AJ next spring.

Although as Fromtherough says, it'll be much easier if AJ does he job and we can have a Battle of Britain in December.

In that scenario there is no need for Fury to meet AJ. Fury would have unified and can't see him then giving AJ the chance to take all he's worked for.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Big fight overnight in the US and on DAZN (which I don't have). Many, including myself, had Canelo down to win, but surprisingly and admittedly to this author, pleasingly, Bivol won a UD. Didn't see the fight but heard the scorecards may have been generous, even in defeat, to Canelo.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Crazy couple of days in UFC.
Oliveira misses weight by .5 so the Title fight was only a title fight for Gaethje.
Oliveira wins in the 1st and now as a chance to get the belt back in his next fight ?
Who else is there to challenge him?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Crazy couple of days in UFC.
Oliveira misses weight by .5 so the Title fight was only a title fight for Gaethje.
Oliveira wins in the 1st and now as a chance to get the belt back in his next fight ?
Who else is there to challenge him?
I semi expect Khabib to make a come back very soon.