Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Worst version of Taylor I’ve seen. Been touted to be moving up for a while. Looks nailed on now. That result was everything wrong with boxing. When Taylor started celebrating at the bell, I had a slight fear they may call a dubious draw. Never for a minute thought he could win a split decision. Actually unbelievable.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Taylor should of lost, no doubt, but it wasn’t as large a margin as some of the so called experts were saying.
He’s got to move up in weight for sure.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Sad day for British boxing. A massive slap in the face to us all. I’m a big Taylor fan but I gave him 3 rounds max.

Makes me want to get more involved with UFC. They don’t mess about there with the scoring.

114 - 111 ?

Didn’t realise Michael Masi had a new job already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
UFC London this week,can’t say I’m too excited by the card tbh.
Hopefully we get to see Paddy KO’d,can’t see it tho.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
How good was UFC 273 ?
Surprised that Sterling got the win.
Good stoppage by Herb dean in the Zombie fight,that was getting hard to watch.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How good was UFC 273 ?
Surprised that Sterling got the win.
Good stoppage by Herb dean in the Zombie fight,that was getting hard to watch.
I thought Yan would have had too much for Sterling, but I thought the result was the right outcome. Volkanovski is a brilliant fighter. Quickly running out of opponents at featherweight though. Possibly he’ll have to move up in the next year or so?

Fight of the night was Chimaev V Burns though. Lots of hype around Chimaev - he looks the real deal.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I thought Yan would have had too much for Sterling, but I thought the result was the right outcome. Volkanovski is a brilliant fighter. Quickly running out of opponents at featherweight though. Possibly he’ll have to move up in the next year or so?

Fight of the night was Chimaev V Burns though. Lots of hype around Chimaev - he looks the real deal.
This was his first real test & he definitely lived upto the hype.
He’s a scary man.
Don’t think he beats Usman tho.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This was his first real test & he definitely lived upto the hype.
He’s a scary man.
Don’t think he beats Usman tho.
Usman is strong in every department and rightfully no.1 p4p. It would be a brilliant spectacle when it does happen. Hopefully not immediately as I think Edward’s deserves a shot. Not that I see that ending well for him.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Usman is strong in every department and rightfully no.1 p4p. It would be a brilliant spectacle when it does happen. Hopefully not immediately as I think Edward’s deserves a shot. Not that I see that ending well for him.
Edwards does deserve a title shot,but I can’t get excited by that fight.
Would be way too easy for Usman imo.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Madness ?

Former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton has announced a shock return to boxing at the age of 43.

Hatton said in a social media post that he plans to make the return in his hometown of Manchester in a bout against Marco Antonio Barrera of Mexico on July 2.

The British fighter retired in 2012 after an illustrious career that saw him win the IBF and WBA light-welterweight titles, as well as the WBA welterweight title.

Hatton ended his career with 45 wins and three losses.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Madness ?

Former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton has announced a shock return to boxing at the age of 43.

Hatton said in a social media post that he plans to make the return in his hometown of Manchester in a bout against Marco Antonio Barrera of Mexico on July 2.

The British fighter retired in 2012 after an illustrious career that saw him win the IBF and WBA light-welterweight titles, as well as the WBA welterweight title.

Hatton ended his career with 45 wins and three losses.
Terrible idea. Hope neither get hurt. Both fantastic fighters in their pomp, particularly Barrera. I do wonder how these fights get sanctioned (‘exhibition’ perhaps?), Barrera will be close to fifty I’d guess. Money talks though. One of these comebacks/exhibitions/fighting Youtubers is going to have a tragic end. Hatton’s last ‘comeback’ didn’t end too well 10 years ago.
Wonder what weight they’ll fight at? Hatton looked massive at his son’s fight the other week. He used to box at light welterweight - welterweight. Barrera operated between featherweight - lightweight.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Whilst it is lesser news than the above ?
We have Fury - Whyte this weekend. Big crowd. Can Whyte trouble the big guy?