Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched the Parker v Chisora fight last night. Parker was better this time around with the extra weight and the game plan. Could and should have K.O'd Chisora. The scorecard was embarrassing.

Chisora showed his usual big heart but just is very limited. Really is time for him to hang his gloves up before he gets too cross-eyed.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched the Parker v Chisora fight last night. Parker was better this time around with the extra weight and the game plan. Could and should have K.O'd Chisora. The scorecard was embarrassing.

Chisora showed his usual big heart but just is very limited. Really is time for him to hang his gloves up before he gets too cross-eyed.

He left his chin open to the upper cut all night , judges need their eyes tested

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Covington v Masvidal confirmed March 5th.
Just hope it goes ahead.
Obviously, there’s a massive back story to this. These two really don’t like each other now. Should be a fun watch. If it actually goes ahead...

Looking forward to Ngannou and Gane next weekend. I think it probably doesn’t last more than two minutes of the first round.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Obviously, there’s a massive back story to this. These two really don’t like each other now. Should be a fun watch. If it actually goes ahead...

Looking forward to Ngannou and Gane next weekend. I think it probably doesn’t last more than two minutes of the first round.
I actually think Gane as a chance ?
Technically he’s a much better fighter,obviously if Francais lands a bomb it’s game over.
I’m not a big fan of the heavy weight decision tbh.
As for Covington v Masvidal,Covington wins easily imo.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I actually think Gane as a chance ?
Technically he’s a much better fighter,obviously if Francais lands a bomb it’s game over.
I’m not a big fan of the heavy weight decision tbh.
As for Covington v Masvidal,Covington wins easily imo.
I think if Gane can avoid a big punch in the opening exchanges, he has every chance of taking Ngannou to deep waters. Big IF though. Not had a look at the betting yet, but might be one to avoid.

I agree, Covington will have the edge in terms of work rate and output. Depends which Masvidal turns up. If he can muster the one who fought Till, should be a cracking watch. I think Covington forces him to quit though.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think if Gane can avoid a big punch in the opening exchanges, he has every chance of taking Ngannou to deep waters. Big IF though. Not had a look at the betting yet, but might be one to avoid.

I agree, Covington will have the edge in terms of work rate and output. Depends which Masvidal turns up. If he can muster the one who fought Till, should be a cracking watch. I think Covington forces him to quit though.
I don’t rate Masvidal,the Askren KO has made him.
Like him or not,Covington is a class fighter.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t rate Masvidal,the Askren KO has made him.
Like him or not,Covington is a class fighter.
Disagree slightly. Masvidal has always been good value - albeit limited. Think the Till fight was before the Askren walkover and was an amazing performance. But yeah, Covington is high level. It depends how he can overcome his shortcomings against Usman. Not that this fight will require motivation in either side.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Disagree slightly. Masvidal has always been good value - albeit limited. Think the Till fight was before the Askren walkover and was an amazing performance. But yeah, Covington is high level. It depends how he can overcome his shortcomings against Usman. Not that this fight will require motivation in either side.
Yes he’s good value, & looked good in the Till fight.
But how good is Till?
What potential fights you looking forward to in 2022?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes he’s good value, & looked good in the Till fight.
But how good is Till?
What potential fights you looking forward to in 2022?
At the time Till was a beast, but possibly coming straight off the loss to Woodley. Accept your point as I think he’s only won one subsequent fight.

These two fights are up there. Adesanya v Whittaker 2 will be good. However I’d like to see Cejudo return. Despite his cringe factor, it would be a great achievement if he could win at a third weight. Or even if he was the one to retire Dillashaw. What about you?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
At the time Till was a beast, but possibly coming straight off the loss to Woodley. Accept your point as I think he’s only won one subsequent fight.

These two fights are up there. Adesanya v Whittaker 2 will be good. However I’d like to see Cejudo return. Despite his cringe factor, it would be a great achievement if he could win at a third weight. Or even if he was the one to retire Dillashaw. What about you?
I don’t see Cejudo beating Volkanovski,but I’d definitely like to see it.
Obviously Gaethje v Oliviera.
Think Conor v Ferguson makes sense

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don’t see Cejudo beating Volkanovski,but I’d definitely like to see it.
Obviously Gaethje v Oliviera.
Think Conor v Ferguson makes sense
Yeah Volkanovski would be too much for him but would be a worthwhile watch.

Gaethje is up there with my favourite fighters to watch. Oliviera is a finishing phenom. Be a good fight for sure. I would prefer McGregor v Gaethje as I think Ferguson is no longer the same fighter (although, neither is McGregor). Although looking at recent reports, McGregor would not make lightweight.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yeah Volkanovski would be too much for him but would be a worthwhile watch.

Gaethje is up there with my favourite fighters to watch. Oliviera is a finishing phenom. Be a good fight for sure. I would prefer McGregor v Gaethje as I think Ferguson is no longer the same fighter (although, neither is McGregor). Although looking at recent reports, McGregor would not make lightweight.
That’s why I think it makes sense.
Personally I think Gaethje would destroy Conor.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watching Williams v Eubank and realising I want both to lose. Williams must have had a bad cut. Next to no punch resistance. Down 3 times so far in 5 rounds from what looked like jabs.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watching Williams v Eubank and realising I want both to lose. Williams must have had a bad cut. Next to no punch resistance. Down 3 times so far in 5 rounds from what looked like jabs.

Eubank is talented but annoying. After watching that fight Eubank is clearly levels above Williams. Still don't think he operates at top level though.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Eubank is talented but annoying. After watching that fight Eubank is clearly levels above Williams. Still don't think he operates at top level though.
Yeah he really didn’t need much to pull off a win tonight. Agree, he’d not stand a chance versus Golovkin, Charlo or Andrade. Let alone Alvarez.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Eubank Jnr absolutely schooled Williams last night.
Was expecting more from Williams after all the crap he was spouting before the fight.
I'm not sure if Eubank Jnr is world title material, he needs to be more ruthless and have a mentality change and stop trying to act like his Dad.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes Eubank was in a different level
Williams was too wound up.
Agree Eubank has to be more ruthless,probably could have got the stoppage.
Couldn’t believe 2 of the un-official judges had Williams winning 5 rounds from the 5th
The professional judges had it spot on.

G1z1

Visit site
How bad was eubank last night, I gave Williams 7 rounds vs 5 to jr but obviously jr got 4 knock downs. I have noticed jrs last few fights, his punch output has seriously dropped off. His intensity was his main attribute. Also don’t think Williams punch resistance has gone he simply walked onto a few stiff jabs and that really does make a difference. Either way none are winning a world title now unless they get a very weak champion on his way out.