Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Only enough to catch the highlights tomorrow. I expect Alvarez to be the undisputed champion. I’ve only watched Plant a couple of times but he’s not in the same league.

Much more interested in Usman v Covington 2 at UFC 268.
Don’t like Covington,but I sort of want him to win.
Usman is a beast,but a bit dull.
Plus it gets a bit boring when someone has the belt for too long.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don’t like Covington,but I sort of want him to win.
Usman is a beast,but a bit dull.
Plus it gets a bit boring when someone has the belt for too long.
Yeah I agree, not really a fan of either, but their first fight had a bit of needle to it. To be fair to Usman, since winning the belt, his fights have become a lot more watchable. Plus he’s coming off the back of a massive KO of Masvidal.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes but forgot it was on! No surprise that Canelo won. What’s next for him? Perhaps some more questionable steaks and he move up to cruiserweight? ?
Ha! Agree, not much left at super-middleweight for him. Possibly light heavy? He already destroyed Kovalev a few years ago. He’d need more than a few tainted steaks to compete at cruiserweight, it’s over 2 stone difference.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Enjoyed Usman Covington 2. It feels like it’s one of those situations where Usman just has his number. He is definitely in the discussion as the best welterweight of all time (possibly only St Pierre in the fray).

But what a fight between Gaethje and Chandler. Unbelievable. Gaethje must be the most bankable fighter of all time, he’s never in a bad fight. I fear for his long term health with the style he adopts, more than willing to ship one to give one. Hopefully he’ll get to fight the winner of the Oliviera Poirier fight next year. The Lightweight division is awash with talent.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Enjoyed Usman Covington 2. It feels like it’s one of those situations where Usman just has his number. He is definitely in the discussion as the best welterweight of all time (possibly only St Pierre in the fray).

But what a fight between Gaethje and Chandler. Unbelievable. Gaethje must be the most bankable fighter of all time, he’s never in a bad fight. I fear for his long term health with the style he adopts, more than willing to ship one to give one. Hopefully he’ll get to fight the winner of the Oliviera Poirier fight next year. The Lightweight division is awash with talent.
That card definitely lived up to expectations.
Bet Covington is nothing like how he acts when there’s no cameras around.
Would like to see him fight Masvidal,he’d destroy him.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That card definitely lived up to expectations.
Bet Covington is nothing like how he acts when there’s no cameras around.
Would like to see him fight Masvidal,he’d destroy him.

Thought it was one of the best cards for a long time.
Really disliked Covington but think I have a bit more respect for him after this fight.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Thought it was one of the best cards for a long time.
Really disliked Covington but think I have a bit more respect for him after this fight.
He’s created a character like something out of WWE,Cejudo did the same.
It works,it gets people talking.
Bet Dana White loves it?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ha! Agree, not much left at super-middleweight for him. Possibly light heavy? He already destroyed Kovalev a few years ago. He’d need more than a few tainted steaks to compete at cruiserweight, it’s over 2 stone difference.

According to the news today, looks like Canelo IS going to fight for a cruiserweight title! o_O. Get those steaks ready!

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
According to the news today, looks like Canelo IS going to fight for a cruiserweight title! o_O. Get those steaks ready!
Haha, unbelievable! Looks like he’ll be fighting Makabu, who Bellew beat at Goodison Park. I can see Alvarez weighing in just above light heavy if it happens.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
So Brook v Kahn is finally happening (about 4 yrs too late).
Don’t know who I want to lose most.

The Brit battle of egos. Both turned out not to be as good as they thought they were.

I’m with you. I’d happily see them both knock each other out at the same time. Or drop in GGG or Canelo in the ring and watch them scuttle away quickly. ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very impressive from Conor Benn. Took out a decent fighter in four with a beautiful combo. I think he mentioned he wants to fight the winner of Brook v Khan....a waste if you ask me, as I think he strolls past either of them.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Vasiliy Lomachenko looked awfully good this past weekend.

That African dude that he beat, Commey, was a good, solid fighter.

Looking forward to Oleksandr Usyk--Tyson Fury. Don't think Usyk is big enough to challenge Fury.

Will it be like Wilder-Joshua
or Calzaghe--Ottke...
the fight that never happened?

Last edited:

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very impressive from Conor Benn. Took out a decent fighter in four with a beautiful combo. I think he mentioned he wants to fight the winner of Brook v Khan....a waste if you ask me, as I think he strolls past either of them.
Algieri was a big step up for Benn. Only been stopped by Spence Jnr and took Pacquiao and Khan the distance. He came through with flying colours. Quality finish. I’m convinced Khan Brook will not go ahead.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Vasiliy Lomachenko looked awfully good this past weekend.

That African dude that he beat, Commey, was a good, solid fighter.

Looking forward to Oleksandr Usyk--Tyson Fury. Don't think Usyk is big enough to challenge Fury.

Will it be like Wilder-Joshua
or Calzaghe--Ottke...
the fight that never happened?
Ottke - Forgot all about him. I don’t think he ever fought outside of Germany and there were some controversial points wins. Robin Reid I recall being hard done by. Retired undefeated didn’t he? Calzaghe would have schooled him.

I fear you may have to wait for Fury v Usyk.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Ottke - Forgot all about him. I don’t think he ever fought outside of Germany and there were some controversial points wins. Robin Reid I recall being hard done by. Retired undefeated didn’t he? Calzaghe would have schooled him.

I fear you may have to wait for Fury v Usyk.

The cool thing about Calzaghe is that you could claim him as a UK national and I could claim him as an ethnic Italian.
You're probably right about Fury v. Usyk. That's what I'm guessing as well.