Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
5 or 6 years or so ago, Diaz V Ferguson would have been an amazing fight. Has Ferguson lost his last 3-4 fights? Diaz definitely has lost his last two. Both well past their prime. But… could still be a barnstormer.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
5 or 6 years or so ago, Diaz V Ferguson would have been an amazing fight. Has Ferguson lost his last 3-4 fights? Diaz definitely has lost his last two. Both well past their prime. But… could still be a barnstormer.
Agree it would av been better a few years ago.
Diaz last fight was a loss to the current champ,who he had rocked in the last round .
One before was a stoppage against Masvidal due to a cut.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone interested at all in the Joyce Parker? Just seen it’s PPV and £20! I’ll catch it on the internet on Sunday morning. I can’t get into Joyce. He’s a lump, I’m just not a fan of his slow lumbering style. Parker is a decent boxer with a good chin, but I’m not sure if he has the power to hurt Joyce. Unlikely with one punch anyway. Likely to be a 12 rounder.

I’ve been suckered into the Eubank Benn stuff. Looking forward to that one in a few weeks.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Anyone interested at all in the Joyce Parker? Just seen it’s PPV and £20! I’ll catch it on the internet on Sunday morning. I can’t get into Joyce. He’s a lump, I’m just not a fan of his slow lumbering style. Parker is a decent boxer with a good chin, but I’m not sure if he has the power to hurt Joyce. Unlikely with one punch anyway. Likely to be a 12 rounder.

I’ve been suckered into the Eubank Benn stuff. Looking forward to that one in a few weeks.
Mildy interested, but not PPV interested !
Your prediction looks likely

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

I feel exactly the same way. Mildly interested just not PPV interested.

Eubank Benn is far more interesting, particularly with the catch weight shenanigans.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve only seen the highlights, but Joyce v Parker looked a good fight. In KOing him, Joyce has done what Andy Ruiz, Whyte, Joshua and Chisora couldn’t do with Parker. Fairly impressive. But not sure he poses much of a risk to the big boys of the division and age isn’t in his side.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve only seen the highlights, but Joyce v Parker looked a good fight. In KOing him, Joyce has done what Andy Ruiz, Whyte, Joshua and Chisora couldn’t do with Parker. Fairly impressive. But not sure he poses much of a risk to the big boys of the division and age isn’t in his side.

I watched via a tasty stream. Long and short is that Parker didn't have the power to stop Joyce, so was beaten up comprehensively. Joyce was powerful but would have his head boxed off by both Fury and Usyk.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I watched via a tasty stream. Long and short is that Parker didn't have the power to stop Joyce, so was beaten up comprehensively. Joyce was powerful but would have his head boxed off by both Fury and Usyk.
I’ve watched it properly now. Joyce basically periodically broke him down. I think he causes Joshua and Whyte problems. Agree that Fury and Usyk have much better movement and smarts for Joyce. Wonder if he regrets not turning pro sooner.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Who knows? The B sample is yet to be tested though.

Go ahead under another Boxing Board's control (e.g. Luxembourg) is one extreme option.

Shame if it's binned after AJ and Fury couldn't get it on.
Interesting. If under another boxing board, would it have to happen in that country, or would they have a license to run promotions here?

You do wonder why some of the testing isn’t done sooner and why the ‘b’ samples can’t be done quicker.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting. If under another boxing board, would it have to happen in that country, or would they have a license to run promotions here?

You do wonder why some of the testing isn’t done sooner and why the ‘b’ samples can’t be done quicker.

It used to be (and maybe still can) that other country's board can sanction an event in another country. Thus it could be possible there's no change to venue but under another Euro board. I think that happen 10 years or so ago, with Chisora and Haye (as neither were licenced at the time). I'm not informed enough to know if this still can happen in 2022, but looking at the press release, it could happen. The BUT in the room is that Benn has failed a test, so which board wants to sanction a fighter who has failed a test? Better ask Canelo that one! ;):LOL:

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It used to be (and maybe still can) that other country's board can sanction an event in another country. Thus it could be possible there's no change to venue but under another Euro board. I think that happen 10 years or so ago, with Chisora and Haye (as neither were licenced at the time). I'm not informed enough to know if this still can happen in 2022, but looking at the press release, it could happen. The BUT in the room is that Benn has failed a test, so which board wants to sanction a fighter who has failed a test? Better ask Canelo that one! ;):LOL:
Odd though that he failed VADA but not UKAD, which is I thought the only agency BBBC use? Just read that the thing he’s testing positive for is not necessarily a PED on its own, but can be used as a masking agent.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Officially postponed. :confused:. Have doubts whether this will still happen further down the line.

Matchroom and Eddie having major wobbles. Rightly or wrongly couldn't get AJ in with Fury and now this with Conor Benn.