Boxing/UFC 2018-24

D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah his speech at the end was emotional and surprisingly eloquent. Struck exactly the right chord. I hope you’re right and that he’s given time. Although he’s been around for a long time in the UK, his level of opposition so far has not been great.

McCann will get another performance award for sure. 3 in a row, with back to back spinning elbows playing a huge part in the last 2 fights.

I really enjoyed the Overlap. Both came across great, good banter between them but a genuine love and camaraderie as teammates and friends was clear. Can’t believe they missed the opportunity to duff Neville up a bit like.

He can only beat what is in front of him and he's not on the best of money for the crowd he's bringing. It would be ludicrous to stick him in with a top 10/15 ranked fighter after a couole of fights

He needs to be nutured and i think the route hes goin down is the ideal one, there's plenty of time to make money.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He can only beat what is in front of him and he's not on the best of money for the crowd he's bringing. It would be ludicrous to stick him in with a top 10/15 ranked fighter after a couole of fights

He needs to be nutured and i think the route hes goin down is the ideal one, there's plenty of time to make money.
Unfortunately, that is not the usual UFC model. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he is paired with someone ranked (so in top 15) in his next fight. Plus, he’s not exactly inexperienced. Although he’s only fought in the UFC 3 times, he’s been a professional fighter for nearly ten years and had 22 professional fights. The lightweight division is one of the most stacked in the UFC, so I think within two more fights we’ll know how much of a prospect he is.

D

Deleted member 1740

Unfortunately, that is not the usual UFC model. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he is paired with someone ranked (so in top 15) in his next fight. Plus, he’s not exactly inexperienced. Although he’s only fought in the UFC 3 times, he’s been a professional fighter for nearly ten years and had 22 professional fights. The lightweight division is one of the most stacked in the UFC, so I think within two more fights we’ll know how much of a prospect he is.

He's stepped up in weight and quality of opponents since his cage warrior days.

I hope he milks it and makes as much money as possible.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I look forward to seeing him fight someone decent to derail the hype train.
Personally I don’t think he’s all that,but time will tell.
Also not good putting on so much weight between fights.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Looking forward to Usman v Edwards.
I just can’t see how Edwards beats him tho.
Would be good to see a new champ.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Joshua V Usyk.
I’m going for Usyk by decision again.
Joshua needs to KO him as Usyk is the better,more skilled fighter.
Having said that I’d like to see a Usyk KO ?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to Usman v Edwards.
I just can’t see how Edwards beats him tho.
Would be good to see a new champ.
Looking forward to this one. Usman will rightly be the favourite. In my opinion he is better than Edwards standing and on the ground. Edwards only chance is work rate and winning on points.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Also, on the UFC card I’d love to see Costa knock Rockhold clean out. Comes across as a right bell whiff. I loved it when Bisping knocked him out, against the odds.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Looking forward to this one. Usman will rightly be the favourite. In my opinion he is better than Edwards standing and on the ground. Edwards only chance is work rate and winning on points.
Usman is a beast,I think he’s too strong for Edwards.
I never really liked Usman,proper boring fighter.
Use to pin opponents against the octagon and stamp on their feet.
Totally different fighter after the first Covington fight.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Usman is a beast,I think he’s too strong for Edwards.
I never really liked Usman,proper boring fighter.
Use to pin opponents against the octagon and stamp on their feet.
Totally different fighter after the first Covington fight.
Yeah it was if that performance against Covington in their first fight changed his mindset almost. Become a totally different animal now.

Ha and agree on Costa/Rockhold. But Rockhold edges it for me.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yeah it was if that performance against Covington in their first fight changed his mindset almost. Become a totally different animal now.

Ha and agree on Costa/Rockhold. But Rockhold edges it for me.
Think he switched trainers before that fight.
Actually want Edwards to beat him,he’s had the belt too long.
Just wish they’d stop with these instant rematches.
Make them fight one or two opponents before they get a rematch.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ll be watching the Joshua fight. Can’t really see it ending any differently to the first fight. Usyk looked to have his number. However, saying all that, I’ll be betting on a Joshua KO in the middle rounds too.

I think if Joshua doesn't KO Uysk within six rounds, there's only one winner. I'm going Usyk by KO around 8-10 rounds.