Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Stoppage was definitely correct as Khan was out on his feet and best he walks out the ring on his own.

Although Brook was great tonight he beat someone who was shot. I think taking on Eubank Jr is very risky for Brook but if the public want it, then it makes £££££ sense.

My man

Junior will never be elite and to me Junior is just a blown up version of a Khan but with a better chin.

But realistically he wouldn’t make 147 and fight Benn.

So big name wise domestically where does (brook) go for a payday ?

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Ok I’ll rephrase that just for you
Just stop it when one fighter as the upper hand??
Then we can all go home happy with our wheelbarrows full of cash
Not what I was suggesting at all!
From Google...
The referee has the following roles:
  • Gives instructions to both boxers before the fight
  • Determines when to start or stop a count when a fighter is down
  • Determines when a foul is so egregious that a warning should be given or points taken away
  • Signals when the round is over
  • Determines when one fighter's health will be endangered by more blows, and thus, stops the fight.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
My man

Junior will never be elite and to me Junior is just a blown up version of a Khan but with a better chin.

But realistically he wouldn’t make 147 and fight Benn.

So big name wise domestically where does (brook) go for a payday ?

I think he should retire whilst on a high and with his eye sockets intact. I don't see any fight for him that would be that motivational enough and would be a step down from the massive high tonight.

The wonly money ? fight is Eubank; I'm kinda surprised that Eubank said tonight he's interested especially if he wants to seen operating at world level. Boxing domestically and chasing the money ? shouldn't be Eubanks direction. Whether he is good enough at world level is arguable but being 33 soon, time is running out and Eubank needs to be looking past Brook.

I did giggle when Eubank said he has beef with Brook as he nicked the GGG fight off him....12 months later he was losing to George Groves ?‍♂️

Bamberdele21

Visit site
I think he should retire whilst on a high and with his eye sockets intact. I don't see any fight for him that would be that motivational enough and would be a step down from the massive high tonight.

The wonly money ? fight is Eubank; I'm kinda surprised that Eubank said tonight he's interested especially if he wants to seen operating at world level. Boxing domestically and chasing the money ? shouldn't be Eubanks direction. Whether he is good enough at world level is arguable but being 33 soon, time is running out and Eubank needs to be looking past Brook.

I did giggle when Eubank said he has beef with Brook as he nicked the GGG fight off him....12 months later he was losing to George Groves ?‍♂️

Such a painfully cringeworthy moment. This is why he will always be a bellend.

Eubank has no business with the Canelos / GGG’s.

Rematch with BJS seems just about plausible.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dominant performance from Brook. Essentially walked through the little that Khan was able to offer up. Pleased for him as he was a world class operator who never truly got the recognition he deserved. Stepping up to GGG proved a mistake that had a huge impact on his career.

Khan will retire and I think that Brook should too. 149lbs looked a struggle so welterweight is definitely out. The money fights are at middleweight but I just don’t see him being competitive up there. Plus, he had the bit between his teeth for this fight. Can’t see him getting into the same zone for Eubank for example.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Quite possibly the worst professional fight I’ve seen just now on Sky Sports One. Scottish heavyweight title fight. Two drunks at a wedding is too generous.

Was one of them wearing a green astroturf wig?

And yes, you were too generous. Fights like that give boxing a bad name.

4LEX

Visit site
I watched that too. It was brilliant in terms of entertainment. Can't fault the effort.....the guy with the green hair seemed perplexed it was ended when he'd taken about 20 unanswered blows to the head. The winner was so bad he couldn't even land a KO punch in the circumstances :ROFLMAO:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Was absolutely horrendous, just having a laugh with the boys about how bad it was, not a good advert for Scotland and boxing in general ?

G1z1

Visit site
OMG I’m Scottish and a huge Taylor fan but he got out Classed tonight got to feel sorry for Jack absolute robbery

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Taylor is such a talented fighter but he lost by a long way. And Taylor’s post fight interview doesn’t do him any favours. Don’t know what was worse; those scorecards or the Telly Tubby heavyweight fight.

Last edited: