Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Outclassed. I thought Usyk won by 8 or 9 rounds. Relentless, clever and fast. Was almost a perfect performance. The boxing skills were on totally different levels. I thought Joshua might have landed clean, but Usyk also looked tough as well.

Joshua might not fancy this again. He didn’t look good at the end.

I think this sums it up very well.

When Joshua did throw a right it was off the back foot. Looked off balance and flat footed, punching in straight lines only. Usyk could have stopped him earlier if he really wanted to and I would fancy him to do so next time.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Doesn’t need belts to sell that one. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Wilder wins their third fight in a couple of weeks.
I genuinely don’t see how Wilder wins that.
I agree Fury v AJ is what everyone wants.
But doesn’t AJ get a rematch v Usyk now?
I don’t think AJ v Fury will ever happen

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I genuinely don’t see how Wilder wins that.
I agree Fury v AJ is what everyone wants.
But doesn’t AJ get a rematch v Usyk now?
I don’t think AJ v Fury will ever happen
Fury dominated the last fight. Bullied the bully. Fought totally differently to their first fight and caught Wilder and everyone else unaware. Wilder still has ridiculous power in his hands. For all of Fury’s boxing acumen, he was still literally knocked out in their first fight. I don’t think it is too far fetched to think that Wilder manages to land again.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Agreed.
I do like Wilder because he can knock people out in a second.
I watched the fury v wilder fights again today,no one is getting up after how hard wilder hit fury in the first fight,especially 12 rounds in.
Fury is nails.
The 2nd fight was so easy for Fury,he was hurting Wilder with jabs.

D

Deleted member 1740

AJ schooled. Good and proper.

That said, forgive for being cynical, AJ will no doubt get another bite at the cherry somewhere when he'll make £30m instead of *just* the £10m tonight.......??

D

Deleted member 1740

AJ is a robot. Anything he comes up against that he's not been programmed to do he struggles........

He'll hide from fury and Co.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site

This was insane ?
Finally caught up with the UFC fights from Saturday.

Firstly, I was really looking forward to Diaz Lawler. Despite already reading about the result before I managed to watch, I didn’t expect Diaz to effectively quit like that. Credit to Lawler though. Has there ever been a more game fighter in MMA?

Volkanovski v Ortega was immense. The third round in particular ranks amongst the best ever. I like Ortega, crazily skilled on the ground. I just think Holloway provided the blueprint for how to beat him. Volkanovski’s last 4 fights have been Aldo, Holloway x2 and Ortega. Incredible.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Finally caught up with the UFC fights from Saturday.

Firstly, I was really looking forward to Diaz Lawler. Despite already reading about the result before I managed to watch, I didn’t expect Diaz to effectively quit like that. Credit to Lawler though. Has there ever been a more game fighter in MMA?

Volkanovski v Ortega was immense. The third round in particular ranks amongst the best ever. I like Ortega, crazily skilled on the ground. I just think Holloway provided the blueprint for how to beat him. Volkanovski’s last 4 fights have been Aldo, Holloway x2 and Ortega. Incredible.
Like you I already knew the result before watching,if not I’d have been sure Ortega was going to make him tap on a couple of occasions.
I’d still like to see Volkanovski & Holloway go again.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like you I already knew the result before watching,if not I’d have been sure Ortega was going to make him tap on a couple of occasions.
I’d still like to see Volkanovski & Holloway go again.
Yeah those chokes looked tight. Amazing how Volkanovski stayed so composed.

Allen deserves a shot at one of the top guys I think. He’s something like 8-0 in the UFC. I’d like to see him vs Holloway, with the winner facing Volkanovski.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yeah those chokes looked tight. Amazing how Volkanovski stayed so composed.

Allen deserves a shot at one of the top guys I think. He’s something like 8-0 in the UFC. I’d like to see him vs Holloway, with the winner facing Volkanovski.
Shevchenko is technically as good as anyone in the UFC for me.