Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Wolf

Visit site
Oh dear - seems UFC has played right into the hands of the stereotyping

Shocking scenes after the fight - fighters going into the crowd to attack people , a fighter getting attacked by a trainer. The sport is shocking and this just adds to it
Could say boxing for a the same when incidents have occurred after fights.

Yes UFC is a more brutal so less gentlemanly sport but things can happen. It's not the sports fault Khabib went loco and attacked McGregor corner staff or that Khabib coached the went for Connor. It's the fault of the individuals and subsequently need banning from the sport

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh dear - seems UFC has played right into the hands of the stereotyping

Shocking scenes after the fight - fighters going into the crowd to attack people , a fighter getting attacked by a trainer. The sport is shocking and this just adds to it

Don't talk about things you know nothing about. The sport is not shocking, you know nothing about it.

Khabib is a scumbag. Overshadowed an incredible performance and a huge win with an act of thuggery and idiocy. Such a shame to end an incredible event like that. Conor attacked in the cage by one of Khabib's team-mates, Khabib jumping over the cage to attack Dillon Danis, terrible terrible scenes.

As for the fight, fair play to Khabib. No-one grapples like he does in MMA, once he had Conor down he did such a good job wrapping the legs up and dropping bombs on him. Thought it was over in the 2nd but Conor weathered the storm and actually came back strong to win the 3rd. Was a great fight and fair play to Khabib, dude's a stud. Would love to see him in there with El Cucuy.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
While I don’t condone what Khabib done this kind of thing has been coming for a while. The fight “promotions” have been pushed to the absolute limit for a long time with all the crap that goes on before the fight and now it’s exploded. These guys that do UFC are hairtrigger guys, violent men, you don’t get into ufc because your a shrinking violet. You go about trash talking and personally insulting them and sooner or later they’re going to snap. It happened last night.
As for McGregor being attacked by another trainer, he should also be held accountable for his contribution to the riot! When Khabib jumped into the crowd McGregor jumped up onto the ring and tried to punch a guy, who then responded. Long before he was the trainer and the other 2 guys were involved.
McGregor was nowhere in that fight, other guy was stronger fitter and more hungry. Right from the off McGregor looked a bit lost I thought, kept looking to his corner for advice, looked pretty unfit IMO. Only good thing I can say about McGregor is he is a tough tough cookie, huge heart! But I’m surprised the fight went on as long as it did.
McGregor has won most of his fights with his mouth, before they’ve even fought. That aura has now gone and I’d expect him to either fight a complete bum next if he even bother to.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Khabib should be stripped, banned and not paid. His team members who attacked McGregor should be banned and prosecuted.

D

Deleted member 15344

Don't talk about things you know nothing about. The sport is not shocking, you know nothing about it.

Khabib is a scumbag. Overshadowed an incredible performance and a huge win with an act of thuggery and idiocy. Such a shame to end an incredible event like that. Conor attacked in the cage by one of Khabib's team-mates, Khabib jumping over the cage to attack Dillon Danis, terrible terrible scenes.

As for the fight, fair play to Khabib. No-one grapples like he does in MMA, once he had Conor down he did such a good job wrapping the legs up and dropping bombs on him. Thought it was over in the 2nd but Conor weathered the storm and actually came back strong to win the 3rd. Was a great fight and fair play to Khabib, dude's a stud. Would love to see him in there with El Cucuy.

Excuse me but since when were you given the authority and right to tell people what they can and can’t say and what subject they are allowed to talk about. Until that point I would suggest you wind your neck in and allow people their own opinion

And yes I believe the sport is shocking and disgraceful- the actions of some of their biggest stars are disgraceful and should result in them banned for life - would be happier to see the sport banned , it does nothing but encourage violence as can be seen with the scenes before the fight , during and after including the fighters themselves

As for McGregor who you appear to absolve blame

McGregor;
- Jumped fence and went after Aldo.
- Threw bottles at Diaz.
- Jumped fence at friends fight, interrupting an injured opponent from receiving medical attention, attacks referee.
- Attacks a bus with his whole team, nearly blinds someone. (keeps two belts that technically he doesn't really hold and has never defended)

Some of the stuff he says is shocking , aiming kicks at his opponent during the weigh in. People have already died doing the sport and the way they act before the fights it won’t be long until people are murdered

Even the guy running the sport is embarrassed by it all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/mixed-martial-arts/45775609

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If you’re so against it then don’t watch it,don’t get into “debates” about it. Give yourself the night off from being an argumentative tit 🤷‍♂️

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Should he not be held accountable for anything before & after the fight?

I didn't see him attack anyone after the fight last night or any of his team jump into the cage and attack his opponent.

I believe he has already been held to account for his behaviour outside the hotel in NY.

I'm no huge fan of McGregor btw, I just think Nurmagomedov and his team's behaviour last night was disgusting and should be punished as severely as possible.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Dana White loves it all.
People all over the world are talking about it.

Khabib never really looked troubled.
Good fighter but a bit dull imo.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I didn't see him attack anyone after the fight last night or any of his team jump into the cage and attack his opponent.

I believe he has already been held to account for his behaviour outside the hotel in NY.

I'm no huge fan of McGregor btw, I just think Nurmagomedov and his team's behaviour last night was disgusting and should be punished as severely as possible.

McGregor started the brawl inside the ring by trying to punch an opposing team member while sitting astride the cage. And the guy retaliated. Maybe if he hadn’t don’t that there wouldn’t have been a melee in the ring aswell as out of it.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
McGregor started the brawl inside the ring by trying to punch an opposing team member while sitting astride the cage. And the guy retaliated. Maybe if he hadn’t don’t that there wouldn’t have been a melee in the ring aswell as out of it.

McGregor didn't start the melee inside or outside the cage...

Dana White revealed: "I saw one of Conor's guys yelling at Khabib, Khabib ran and jumped over the octagon, went after him. Two of Khabib's guys got into the octagon, one guy hit Conor with some shots from behind, and that's it. The way that works is Conor is one of the guys who was attacked. Conor refused to press charges. There were three guys from Khabib's team arrested, and they were released because Conor didn't want to press charges."

Fish

Banned
Visit site
McGregor didn't start the melee inside or outside the cage...

Dana White revealed: "I saw one of Conor's guys yelling at Khabib, Khabib ran and jumped over the octagon, went after him. Two of Khabib's guys got into the octagon, one guy hit Conor with some shots from behind, and that's it. The way that works is Conor is one of the guys who was attacked. Conor refused to press charges. There were three guys from Khabib's team arrested, and they were released because Conor didn't want to press charges."

You’re wrong in part.

Firstly, 2 of Khabib team didn’t enter the octagon, only 1 did, the other one was already in it after the fight was won, he started to climb over the cage to follow Khabib who had already jumped out, whether that was to stop him or support him we’ll never know, but, when he was on top of the fence Conor threw a punch at him and threw a bottle into the crowd where Khabib was, that person then abandoned his attempt to leave the cage and went for Conor in retaliation. Whilst he was being held back, 1 of Khabib team jumped into the cage and attacked Conor, when he was held back the first one got free and went at Conor again.

Connor is not innocent in all of this.

If this pic loads, the person on the fence is Connor before either the first of Khabib team attempts to leave the cage to which Connor throws a punch at, and the other who jumps into the cage.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Excuse me but since when were you given the authority and right to tell people what they can and can’t say and what subject they are allowed to talk about. Until that point I would suggest you wind your neck in and allow people their own opinion

And yes I believe the sport is shocking and disgraceful- the actions of some of their biggest stars are disgraceful and should result in them banned for life - would be happier to see the sport banned , it does nothing but encourage violence as can be seen with the scenes before the fight , during and after including the fighters themselves

As for McGregor who you appear to absolve blame

McGregor;
- Jumped fence and went after Aldo.
- Threw bottles at Diaz.
- Jumped fence at friends fight, interrupting an injured opponent from receiving medical attention, attacks referee.
- Attacks a bus with his whole team, nearly blinds someone. (keeps two belts that technically he doesn't really hold and has never defended)

Some of the stuff he says is shocking , aiming kicks at his opponent during the weigh in. People have already died doing the sport and the way they act before the fights it won’t be long until people are murdered

Even the guy running the sport is embarrassed by it all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/mixed-martial-arts/45775609

You've spouted your opinion about MMA before, but as with a number of other topics you continue to post the same stuff over and over again. If you don't like something, why are you so interested? and why do you keep posting about it? You should be the one winding your neck in, sick to death of reading your opinions over and over again on this forum, as are a lot of people. You're so full of yourself it's unbelievable. This forum would be a much more pleasant place to visit if you wound your neck in permanently.

Absolve blame? I hardly mentioned the incident. Conor is on film attempting to attack one of Khabib's team just after Khabib jumps over, he's not innocent in this, but he did nothing compared to Khabib and his team.

Haha, bringing up the Aldo incident, you're hilarious. That was an intimidation tactic, not a single strike was thrown towards Aldo, he shouted at him. Not even remotely comparable, did nothing wrong there. The rest fair enough, but he was punished for those things, he's definitely no angel. Where have I claimed otherwise?

He talks trash. It's combat sports, it happens ALL THE TIME. It is a part of hyping fights, it happens across the board, what's wrong with it?
People throw strikes and push eachother at weigh-ins all the time - they're getting in eachothers faces the night before they're due to fight, it's going to happen.

A few people have died yes, but not that many and certainly not as many as have died in Boxing. MMA is far safer despite what you may think. We've had this discussion before.

Dana White is embarrassed by it, he should be, last night was a disgrace.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
You’re wrong in part.

Firstly, 2 of Khabib team didn’t enter the octagon, only 1 did, the other one was already in it after the fight was won, he started to climb over the cage to follow Khabib who had already jumped out, whether that was to stop him or support him we’ll never know, but, when he was on top of the fence Conor threw a punch at him and threw a bottle into the crowd where Khabib was, that person then abandoned his attempt to leave the cage and went for Conor in retaliation. Whilst he was being held back, 1 of Khabib team jumped into the cage and attacked Conor, when he was held back the first one got free and went at Conor again.

Connor is not innocent in all of this.

If this pic loads, the person on the fence is Connor before either the first of Khabib team attempts to leave the cage to which Connor throws a punch at, and the other who jumps into the cage.

Two of Khabib's team did enter the octagon. Watch the footage again, Conor gets attacked from the front and then from behind by the dude that climbs the cage behind him. Not sure where the other guy came from, may have already been in the octagon as part of Khabib's crew but Conor was definitely attacked by two guys.

But yeah, Conor went for one of Khabib's team too, just after Khabib leaped the cage. He's not innocent in this incident either, which is probably why he didn't press charges. An ugly incident from all involved, not seen anything like this in MMA since Mayhem interrupted Jake Shields causing a brawl in Strikeforce. Not good to see, especially given the number of new fans to the sport given the promotion for this one.

D

Deleted member 15344

You've spouted your opinion about MMA before, but as with a number of other topics you continue to post the same stuff over and over again. If you don't like something, why are you so interested? and why do you keep posting about it? You should be the one winding your neck in, sick to death of reading your opinions over and over again on this forum, as are a lot of people. You're so full of yourself it's unbelievable. This forum would be a much more pleasant place to visit if you wound your neck in permanently.

Absolve blame? I hardly mentioned the incident. Conor is on film attempting to attack one of Khabib's team just after Khabib jumps over, he's not innocent in this, but he did nothing compared to Khabib and his team.

Haha, bringing up the Aldo incident, you're hilarious. That was an intimidation tactic, not a single strike was thrown towards Aldo, he shouted at him. Not even remotely comparable, did nothing wrong there. The rest fair enough, but he was punished for those things, he's definitely no angel. Where have I claimed otherwise?

He talks trash. It's combat sports, it happens ALL THE TIME. It is a part of hyping fights, it happens across the board, what's wrong with it?
People throw strikes and push eachother at weigh-ins all the time - they're getting in eachothers faces the night before they're due to fight, it's going to happen.

A few people have died yes, but not that many and certainly not as many as have died in Boxing. MMA is far safer despite what you may think. We've had this discussion before.

Dana White is embarrassed by it, he should be, last night was a disgrace.

I made a post on this thread after seeing the disgrace events of this morning - you took that as some sort of attack and decided to have a go at me - if you don’t like what i post then just ignore it, just scroll past. You appear to have anger issues - I guess that’s why you like a sport where they choke each other and is nothing but violence

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I made a post on this thread after seeing the disgrace events of this morning - you took that as some sort of attack and decided to have a go at me - if you don’t like what i post then just ignore it, just scroll past. You appear to have anger issues - I guess that’s why you like a sport where they choke each other and is nothing but violence

You didn't just make a post about the event though did you. You couldn't help yourself but to take a dig at the sport, again. As you have done in the past and seem to whenever MMA comes up on the forum. I don't have anger issues, I just take issue with you when you spout rubbish.