Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How much must Clarke be regretting that petulant little low shot that lost him a point? :ROFLMAO:
When you think about it, Clarke was knocked down and had the point deducted. The judge who scored it for him said he won by 115-112. I know the rounds were close but that result seems a bit out there.

Grizzly

Visit site
When you think about it, Clarke was knocked down and had the point deducted. The judge who scored it for him said he won by 115-112. I know the rounds were close but that result seems a bit out there.

That score makes it 8-3-1 in terms of rounds. Thinking back over the fight, that is just about plausible if you gave Clarke all of the first three and a sweep down the stretch. Did I score it that way? No - I thought it was a point either way myself, but I don't think it is a hanging offence for the judge concerned.

Grizzly

Visit site
Draw was the right result. Wardley would need to tighten up in the re-match (if there is one). If he did, he has a decent chance of winning.

Quite - it was a classic case of a fighter carrying the majority of the concussive power against one well schooled from the amateur game in how to accrue points. Neither of them, in my opinion, are elite level, but both entertaining domestic/European level fighters.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
UFC 300 didn’t fail to deliver, what a card. Pereira looked awesome, Figueiredo started it off in style and Jiri was clinical. Most of the 13 fights were good to watch. The bonuses on offer did their job.

It was a brilliant advert for MMA. I wish boxing could take a leaf out of their book in terms of the approach to protecting the zero. All of the fighters on the card, with the exception of 6 fight new comer Nickal, have lost fights. The important thing is the matchmaking and the fact a loss or two (or more) doesn’t destroy your career. It’s much more about the performance.

Speaking about performance, Holloway vs Gaethje, wow! Amazing from two of my favourites. For Holloway to finish a 5 round war in that fashion, when he’s ahead on the scorecards might be the most incredible finish I’ve seen.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
UFC 300 didn’t fail to deliver, what a card. Pereira looked awesome, Figueiredo started it off in style and Jiri was clinical. Most of the 13 fights were good to watch. The bonuses on offer did their job.

It was a brilliant advert for MMA. I wish boxing could take a leaf out of their book in terms of the approach to protecting the zero. All of the fighters on the card, with the exception of 6 fight new comer Nickal, have lost fights. The important thing is the matchmaking and the fact a loss or two (or more) doesn’t destroy your career. It’s much more about the performance.

Speaking about performance, Holloway vs Gaethje, wow! Amazing from two of my favourites. For Holloway to finish a 5 round war in that fashion, when he’s ahead on the scorecards might be the most incredible finish I’ve seen.
I really didn’t see Holloway getting the win,but he looked unreal.