Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think the last boxing match I watched featured Joe Bugner.
When they went to having four different world champions at the same weight level they lost me forever.
Arguably, belts are becoming less and less relevant. PPV is where the money is at. People are much more interested in marquee fights than someone defending the belts. Suppose the exception to that would be a unification fight - but even then it only has limited appeal.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another decent fight coming up. Fury v Wilder. After Joshua was easily dispatched by Usyk, this one is a bit harder to call. Fury did a job on Wilder second fight, but is it going to be more of the same or will Wilder be more aggressive and look to take Fury out? Difficult one to predict. I would like Fury to win, but something is nagging that Wilder will tag him.

Last edited:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Feels like complacency may be the main concern for Fury's side. Know it doesn't have any bearing but weirdly the AJ loss has seemed to have increased the chances of an upset. ?‍♂️

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another decent fight coming up. Fury v Wilder. After Joshua was easily dispatched by Usyk, this one is a bit harder to call. Fury did a job on Wilder second fight, but it is going to be more of the same or will Wilder be more aggressive and look to take Fury out? Difficult one to predict. I would like Fury to win, but something is nagging that Wilder will tag him.
Agree, really tough to call. Wouldn’t be surprised either way. As we saw in their first fight, Wilder can hurt Fury. Fury dominated the second fight, but I expect Wilder to be much more aggressive this time. One thing is for certain though, I won’t be watching live. They’re not expected in the ring until approx 4am - those days are long gone for me.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree, really tough to call. Wouldn’t be surprised either way. As we saw in their first fight, Wilder can hurt Fury. Fury dominated the second fight, but I expect Wilder to be much more aggressive this time. One thing is for certain though, I won’t be watching live. They’re not expected in the ring until approx 4am - those days are long gone for me.

I hear you. 4am days are LONG gone!

D

Deleted member 1740

Have we forgotten Wilder dropped Fury a couple of times?

I think Wilder wins tonight.