bounce

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey folks
Just wondering how much of a difference 3 degrees of bounce would make. Just bought a new 56/13 wedge, as my 56/10 wedge has seen better days.
I went for the mpt 11 as I really like the mpt 10 I was using, but they only had the 56/13 left.
Cheers

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
From what I saw at Galgorm then bounce should be a good friend. Have they tamed the sceond cut since the Europro? It was a nightmare!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I play a parkland course, plus I'm a bit of a digger, so I prefer a more bounce in my wedges.

I did expeement a while back with a lower bounce option and....... It didn't go so well :mad:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Exact opposite to Gareth, I play parkland/heathland and I had a MP-R12 with 13 bounce and could not get it up off the fairway, so got a CG16 with 10 and it is a worlds difference, way easier to get off the deck for me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I play at a links course and I've an mp10 56/10 and a 13 and don't notice much diff off the fairway between them. i only use it for bunkers and upto 70 yard full shots. if its a really tight lie i use my gap wedge and open the face as thats hardly any bounce.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like to skim the surface so low bounce is what I opt for my 50[SUP]0[/SUP] degree has 10[SUP]0[/SUP] degrees of bounce, my 56[SUP]0[/SUP] (SW) has 14[SUP]0[/SUP]s and my 62[SUP]0[/SUP] (LW) has 8[SUP]0[/SUP]s of bounce.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like to skim the surface so low bounce is what I opt for my 50[SUP]0[/SUP] degree has 10[SUP]0[/SUP] degrees of bounce, my 56[SUP]0[/SUP] (SW) has 14[SUP]0[/SUP]s and my 62[SUP]0[/SUP] (LW) has 8[SUP]0[/SUP]s of bounce.

My concept of low bounce is a bit different mate! My 50 deg has 6 deg of bounce,my 54 deg has 9,but my 58 deg has 10! Horses for courses eh? I do find wedges with higher bounce are easier to blade with tighter lies,but they can be much easier to use from bunkers,although I can almost always get out of (most) bunkers with my 54.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean with the bunkers, recently with the rain the bunkers have been like playing out of wet concrete, so the LW comes in handy, but normally when they are slightly fluffier and have been raked the SW with the bounce does the job.

jackvamps

Visit site
i have to admit, i have never really noticed a benefit/hinderence to bunker shots due to the bounce. I find with a lower bounce you are just more likely to chunk it, so ive always prefered a bounce of 10+ infact my lob wedge has a 18deg bounce!, 10 to 13 i would be very suprised if you notice much/any difference

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
With a high bounce wedge off a tight or hard lie, unless you're playing it well back in your stance and thus delofting the wedge so the leading edge is closer to the ground, the chances of blading the ball are increased.

Hence why my LW has quie a low bounce, I still managed to thin it though :rolleyes: